You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Chinese Democracy's Fate

Gunslinger wrote:

There is a great amount of speculation surrounding the fate of Chinese Democracy.  IF it is indeed turned in then perhaps we will see it "soon".  IF it is NOT turned in we may never see it.  I've listed a few options to gauge people's opinions with.  Option 5 would cover the idea of maybe some songs would appear on a soundtrack, some on a bonus disc in a boxed set, etc.  If you choose option 6 then please give your take on situation.  Thanks for your participation!

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I honestly think the best we can hope for is for someone to leak the bitch.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't think it will come out this year. I think there's some bitter internal struggle going on that no one's mentioning that we haven't heard. And the label isn't going to budge, delayed indefinitely.

{sniff sniff} I smell Elephant turd.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

i voted for leaked....there must be someone somewhere who can get their hands on it who absolutely hates Axl for something or other....and will pay him back this way....

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
elmir wrote:

i voted for leaked....there must be someone somewhere who can get their hands on it who absolutely hates Axl for something or other....and will pay him back this way....

Or a careless mid-level exec.  16

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I think a leak at some stage is inevitable.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

It won't leak until the album is put into production. Only high level executives have access to the tracks, so unless someone steals a band member's iPod, then we're shit out of luck.

I would assume there will be a digital download prior to the hard copy to help prevent sales loss and all that, so I think unless it's an old demo being hoarded, the chance for a leak is a moot point.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I voted that it will leak, but I don't think it will be released this year. It probably wont leak this year either, but anything can happen.

As we near 09, the fanbase is gonna look itself in the mirror and decide if its time to "move on".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Would also like to say that if it cant be released this year, I hope Axl scraps the project. There's really no point in deluding himself or the fanbase over this. He can still do the nostalgia thing every few years without dangling the carrot.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Would also like to say that if it cant be released this year, I hope Axl scraps the project.

Why scrap an album, which is finished, and a project to which he's invested nearly 14 years of his life? What currently holds CD are problems with Universal, which isn't entirely Axl's fault (though he hasn't made things any easier for himself with the continous delays and his refusal to play ball with them in any shape or form during the project's hey-day). Geffen's currently in a rather unhealthy place and Trent Reznor, among other people, has voiced disdain over the general policies of Interscope. So they're not the easiest parties to deal with in the current situation, and Axl might face a good deal of prejudice when showing up to talk business.

CD is not a non-existent album. The best bet for scrapping the project (with consequently and probably reuniting with the old band) in GNR history could've been the release of OMG and the reception it got. During his major rethink over musical directions, Axl might've been forthcoming to the idea of reintroducing the old band to the fold. However, as can be read from the interviews at the time, he wasn't on the same wavelength as Izzy back then. (downliner, you remember that Izzy interview where he talks about ringing Axl's doorbell? It's from '01, I think.)

Late '99 was probably the best bet we had for a complete reboot, as Slash was still on a loose end, publically stating that he's still one phone call away from Axl. VR hadn't yet happened and nobody had completely closed to door on Axl. But Axl himself wasn't ready to face them, and all he had was this one project, through which he had alienated a lot of people from the halcyon days. Scrapping it mean acknowledging defeat, so it wasn't an option. Not even after the dismantling of the '02 tour could've Axl given up, as both on and off-stage he still seemed bitter about the way certain people of the old had treated him.

When people continously blame you for breaking "the biggest band in the world", you might start to think the only thing that'll save your ass is to provide them something they may consider "the greatest rock album of all time". Fortunately, eversince re-emerging Axl's appeared far more lucid than in the years before, willingly admitting that "it's just an album".

To answer the question, I can't pick one single option. It'll leak eventually, but I tend to think it'll also be released eventually. Meanwhile, I wouldn't lose one nights sleep over it.

Board footer