You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: New Album Thread

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Declan94 wrote:

who cares what slash says he has as much power as pitman does none and that's why i don't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth

GN'R are a three way legal partnership.

What he says at this moment in time matters, regardless of your opinion.

That’s interesting. Was this common knowledge? So the rights to the GNR name are now co-owned by Axl, Slash and Duff?

I thought this was always the case since the 90s?

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

how many days left in 2019 for a new record? it's november already. axl better start moving fast

Sky Dog wrote:

It was my understanding that the 1992 3 way partnership was dissolved because Slash and Duff both left formally by 1998. The 3 way partnership from 1992 was not in effect when they started the NITL tour. MSL alluded to the fact a while ago that technically Slash and Duff were employees. Axl still owned the name and S/D were employees as well. I don’t think anyone knows what the current legal status is between the 3 now.

Sky Dog wrote:

For reference you need to read the court documents from the 2004 GH lawsuit. I don’t believe we have any legal discussion formally revealed to the public since that time.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
sp1at wrote:

GN'R are a three way legal partnership.

What he says at this moment in time matters, regardless of your opinion.

That’s interesting. Was this common knowledge? So the rights to the GNR name are now co-owned by Axl, Slash and Duff?

I thought this was always the case since the 90s?

I thought that as well, if you look at any legal things like trademarks, GN'R related things are registered to Axl, Slash and Duff. Like this one

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield … utem4.2.12

And this is a live trademark, renewed in 2017.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

And then it says here in some court papers from this year...…

https://regmedia.co.uk/2019/05/10/compl … winery.pdf

…"GNR is a musical group and partnership organized and existing under the laws of the state of California with their principle place of business in Los Angeles, California.  GNR’s general partners are W. Axl Rose (“Axl Rose”), Saul Hudson, pka Slash, and Michael McKagan."

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

So that is why I said the band were a three way legal partnership, it just reads that way, and because of that I would not want to dismiss anything the three of them have to say

Sky Dog wrote:

Nice find! axl21duff

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

how many days left in 2019 for a new record? it's november already. axl better start moving fast

The alleged Fernando said 6 months, one month ago. Slash alluded to recording for a few months, so I think we're looking at around April time for a release of something, or at least knowing something, if all goes to plan of course.

Then of course, way before anything, Destak in South America said that the tour dates at the end of March were in support of a new album

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

they have been recording on and off since January this year of course most of axl's vocals will be from 2010 when we get a new album but probably some songs will have recent new vocals

Board footer