You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: New Album Thread

wasted wrote:

Yeah I also if GNR has contract with rec comp they can’t release a GNR record without them, otherwise what’s the point of the contract. It’s not just the they own the rights to material they paid to have made in some way.

Rec comp should be useful distribution and marketing stuff. Oil the wheels. But I’m not sure radio and videos works the same anymore. At this point it’s either a good record or not. Like Rock or Bust did horribly sales wise but it was a successful album release.

GNR seem to have everything needed for a successful release. They’ll get that excitement for 2 weeks with Hardschool being played. Then they just need that hit ballad type song. a Fall To Pieces. To me it’s Atlas but that might be too complex. Then Soul Monster could be the epic.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

So a lot of the talk about the writing of this album focuses on Slash, Duff, Axl and Fortus. But I'm curious as to whether the other members will be contributing. Dizzy and Melissa have plenty of song writing credits outside of GN'R (Frank, as far as I can tell from a skim of the ASCAP database, doesn't). On Chinese Democracy, Pitman (whose slot Melissa occupies) and Brain had plenty of writing credits. So why's no-one asked Dizzy, Melissa and Frank whether they're contributing song ideas?

We’ve finally got Slash and Duff back in the band and you want Dizzy and Melissa writing songs...???

NO THANKS!

kemmep
 Rep: 1 

kemmep wrote:
wasted wrote:

Yeah I also if GNR has contract with rec comp they can’t release a GNR record without them, otherwise what’s the point of the contract. It’s not just the they own the rights to material they paid to have made in some way.

I have read somewhere that gnr owes the reconrd company 1 more album & after that, i guess they are free to release music. When gnr is released from the record company, i'm curious what they will do.

Will they regularly release music? Can they use old recording sessions or does the record company not allow that? Who knows...

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
kemmep wrote:
wasted wrote:

I have read somewhere that gnr owes the reconrd company 1 more album & after that, i guess they are free to release music. When gnr is released from the record company, i'm curious what they will do.

Will they regularly release music? Can they use old recording sessions or does the record company not allow that? Who knows...

they can use old recording sessions but i think they need to pay the old record company since the record company were the ones that paid for them to be in the studio. cause if GNR themselves paid for studio time during UYI sessions then that music would 100% belong to GNR cause they paid for it. do you get a better understanding of that?

kemmep
 Rep: 1 

kemmep wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
kemmep wrote:
wasted wrote:

they can use old recording sessions but i think they need to pay the old record company since the record company were the ones that paid for them to be in the studio. cause if GNR themselves paid for studio time during UYI sessions then that music would 100% belong to GNR cause they paid for it. do you get a better understanding of that?

Hmmm, that would suck, cause they recorded tons of stuff during that period. Well, positive thing is: lets just start from scratch with slash & co.

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
kemmep wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
kemmep wrote:

Hmmm, that would suck, cause they recorded tons of stuff during that period. Well, positive thing is: lets just start from scratch with slash & co.

technically they probably could use the 94-96 sessions without permission from the record company cause they weren't even songs back then they were only ideas. and they could also use the chinese sessions cause they weren't even trademarked songs. and there is no proof that those songs even existed so GNR could do whatever they want with those ideas and songs without problems with the record company.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
kemmep wrote:

IMO the ship has sailed...and it sailed long ago... regarding GNR being a "real" band and creative entity. It's clearly not an environment or dynamic where these guys(and gal) are hanging out, shooting the shit, living in the studio basking in creativity, and recording to their hearts content...then hit the road for a year until it's time to grind out another album.

It is what it is.

I do believe we're going to get another album but it will likely be the last with various anniversary, deluxe editions and box sets of the discography the exception.

To be honest...with how the story played out...it's all they really need....

The core group releasing a self titled swan song. A half Chinese, half new or pre-CD era material would be fitting.

I'd be happy as a clam in that scenario.

I just hope they eventually go the Metallica route and start releasing the vault.

When gnr is released from the record company, i'm curious what they will do

Nothing?

Can anyone imagine GNR without a label? For those who can....do you imagine a NIN The Slip type release?

I can't.

They're not spring chickens and I can't imagine them or any of these other classic era bands being pioneers in a post-label musical dystopia.

It would also require proper management...which they are lacking.

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
James wrote:
kemmep wrote:

IMO the ship has sailed...and it sailed long ago... regarding GNR being a "real" band and creative entity. It's clearly not an environment or dynamic where these guys(and gal) are hanging out, shooting the shit, living in the studio basking in creativity, and recording to their hearts content...then hit the road for a year until it's time to grind out another album.

It is what it is.

I do believe we're going to get another album but it will likely be the last with various anniversary, deluxe editions and box sets of the discography the exception.

To be honest...with how the story played out...it's all they really need....

The core group releasing a self titled swan song. A half Chinese, half new or pre-CD era material would be fitting.

I'd be happy as a clam in that scenario.

I just hope they eventually go the Metallica route and start releasing the vault.

When gnr is released from the record company, i'm curious what they will do

Nothing?

Can anyone imagine GNR without a label? For those who can....do you imagine a NIN The Slip type release?

I can't.

They're not spring chickens and I can't imagine them or any of these other classic era bands being pioneers in a post-label musical dystopia.

It would also require proper management...which they are lacking.

100% true

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Even if the EP thing wound up being the case, I'd still be happy with it I suppose....same with a Hell Freezes Over type release.

As long as something new is added to the discography.

EP

Hardschool
Atlas Shrugged
Oklahoma
Soul Monster
New song
New song

Hell Freezes Over/Not In This Lifetime

Hardschool
Atlas Shrugged
Concert of assorted hits

Either one is a happy as pigs in shit scenario... especially if they ever comment positively on a vault liquidation project.

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
James wrote:

Even if the EP thing wound up being the case, I'd still be happy with it I suppose....same with a Hell Freezes Over type release.

As long as something new is added to the discography.

EP

Hardschool
Atlas Shrugged
Oklahoma
Soul Monster
New song
New song

Hell Freezes Over/Not In This Lifetime

Hardschool
Atlas Shrugged
Concert of assorted hits

Either one is a happy as pigs in shit scenario... especially if they ever comment positively on a vault liquidation project.

perfect track listing for a EP

Board footer