You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: disappointed in axl and fernando

James wrote:

Fanbase won't wait?  We stopped waiting years ago. If you consider checking for updates, shows,etc. waiting, do you know how many people there are across ALL these sites?

500 tops..... more like 300.

Do you know how many people are in each venue on this tour?

The online forum communities of extreme hardcore fans are now so small they are pretty much irrelevant. If they had real management these ghost town forums would be ignored completely and all their focus would be on social media.

You're suffering from a major crack addiction if you think the forums can impact anything in 2019 and beyond.

All five remaining forums could close up shop tomorrow and it wouldn't change not one goddamn thing.

One more thing....

My body reminds me on a daily basis that it's not 1992.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

if the forums were to close the leaks would stop coming. axl would never drop a new cd. i don't trust fernando. that 6 month deadline is fake news. get ready for another locomotive live performance baby. don't expect hardschool. axl was in his prime in 92. here in 2019 axl is not in his prime and is mickey. so keep on leaking hoarders. keep on leaking stuff axl will never release. keep on. we have your backs.

James

James wrote:

I'm not expecting Hardschool.  I don't even listen to that song. It's the Chinese Shadow of Your Love.

if the forums were to close the leaks would stop coming.

Wrong.

Forums aren't the only online outlet to distribute music.

There's nothing wrong with them playing Locomotive. Fans have wanted to hear it since 1991.

You're reinforcing my point regarding Management's need to abandon forums. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

While 30k people scream for Locomotive, you whine.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

There’s two issues I guess. The forum numbers don’t have impact but maybe the media pick up on the story and that might annoy Slash etc that they are back touring as real Guns but media attention is on these CD era leaks. So it makes sense to make a gesture or comment, Axl
is not making it about himself. Tack on how this may affect the creative process and whatever they do with the recomp. Maybe these were meant for a box set in 2050.

In a way though I think maybe downplaying or ignoring it may have worked better, but there is a positive promo element to it to consider so.

So I can see how the media may blow it up and that starts to play into whatever they were planning or not planning, however they do things. The difference is the forums will be more relieved to hear the material and the normal fans will get swayed more by what they hear. Obviously controlling the moment of the first release of new Slash and Axl material is important.

atlashrugs

atlashrugs wrote:

wait for it. new gnr music in 2050 ha ha

atlashrugs

atlashrugs wrote:

i'm not the only one who wants more chinese era songs in the 2019 setlist rather than a nostalgia act. right now the NITL shows are nostalgia shows.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Lofton is right.  Most of the "fanbase" just wants to hear the hits.  The leaks only interest hardcores which make up a small percentage of those (who go to concerts).  This is how it is in 2019.  New music or new material isn't really required for an artist.  If you make most of your money from touring,  that means you're mostly playing the stuff the people are familiar with.

Most of the fanbase doesn't give a shit about the CD leaks or era.  I wish there was a way to be less harsh about it but that's the truth.

atlashrugs

atlashrugs wrote:

if that's true we won't be getting music for a very long time. all fanbase care about is the past. so when 2050 rolls around someone will say new music in 3000

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Lofton is right.  Most of the "fanbase" just wants to hear the hits.  The leaks only interest hardcores which make up a small percentage of those (who go to concerts).  This is how it is in 2019.  New music or new material isn't really required for an artist.  If you make most of your money from touring,  that means you're mostly playing the stuff the people are familiar with.

Most of the fanbase doesn't give a shit about the CD leaks or era.  I wish there was a way to be less harsh about it but that's the truth.

Notice the difference between 2006 and 2016...

In 2006 the hardcore base HAD to be appeased. There was no way around it. The base could make or break the comeback attempt.

Leaks flow like the salmon of Capistrano.

They had a full tank of gas right out the Hammerstein gates.

In 2016 the online base was much smaller and the reunion was marketed towards the entire globe.

They didn't need the last line of defense anymore..

Those are simply the facts on the ground.

It's not a knock against them at all.  It is what it is.

atlashrugs

atlashrugs wrote:

james, do you support new gnr or are you on team slash?

Board footer