You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: The Best of the Rough Mixes Disc 1-4, Final Round

wasted wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

hard school is use your illusion 3 as fuck

That’s probably what the next record will be, UYI 3.

Even Atlas and Perhaps fit that. Maybe that’s why they didn’t go on CD.

Vote off your least favourite

Hardschool 43%
Me & My Elvis 57%
Total votes: 21
strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

hard school is use your illusion 3 as fuck

So is Atlas

Sky Dog wrote:

You know. If you added Hardschool and IRS to disc 1, you would definitely have a legit UYI 3 discussion. axl axl92

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Supposedly Axl wasn’t trying or want to remake UYI, he didn’t get a hard rock guitarist to replace Slash. There’s s more Alt rock feel to Disc 1. Kind of an evolution of UYI especially on Axl tracks, but maybe that took away some of metal assurance Slash brings. Considering Axl wrote Dead Horse and Shotgun Blues, Nov Rain and Estranged he has the range to do a UYI type record without the Izzy songs of the punk metal of Slash - and that’s what CD is. They just took it further, once Brain comes in doing programming for Prostitute and seems like Costanzo really put the final version on a more electronic plain. It’s so unlike UYI all the stadium rock is gone. I was surprised though they could actually play Shacklers like the record live. ITW was more rock live but they hardly played it. CD was the next best GNR album, maybe Slash would have made it a little more organic like he did with Better and Chi dem, he gave them more energy but it seems like it took years to find the next level sound, that some don’t even want. Maybe just UYI but heavier like Spag incident is what people wanted.

AtariLegend wrote:

Leave Me Alone with vocals is still the track I want most, out of what was never released.

@Sky Dog

If the World

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I've been gone a week and missed this last series.

Soul Monster is aptly titled as it's indeed a monster. Hardschool is just Shadow of Your Love for the 21st century.

No comparison.

AtariLegend wrote:

Right well Hardschool wins.

Wrong choice by my reckoning, but hey.

That's us done till someone either leaks the 03 album or the band actually release a new album!

Board footer