You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:

Here is why it could matter and a reason to stay the course:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus- … 45970.html

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Either you didn't bother to read the article I posted or you ignored it for a sob story.  Dude wasn't healthy bro.  He's in the group thsat should have been protecting himself.

Article written by a genius or yahoo sob story meant to fan the panic...mitch chooses the yahoo story.  That's mitch in a nutshell.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

ALS is awful in itself and can be a terrible way to go, so...   There was a NFL player about my age Kevin Turner who came down with it at around 40. Went pretty rapid & died a couple years ago at maybe 45ish. News did a bit on him, it was sad, couldn't really lift his arms anymore, drove awkwardly just leaning his wrists on the steering wheel (lived in a rural/small town so it was likely more tolerated), couldn't stand/walk for long periods. A few years later I saw he'd passed. He was a fullback so the thought was it was attributable to concussions but never heard for sure.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Everything is so quiet. I take it as an opportunity to rethink our priorities. It's not showing off on social media or buying tons of luxuries. It is looking after ourselves and our loved ones. Also taking the time to look deep inside yourself and think about changes you could make.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

Michel Barnier
?
@MichelBarnier
I would like to inform you that I have tested positive for #COVID19. I am doing well and in good spirits. I am following all the necessary instructions, as is my team.

For all those affected already, and for all those currently in isolation, we will get through this together.

10:19 AM - Mar 19, 2020

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Either you didn't bother to read the article I posted or you ignored it for a sob story.  Dude wasn't healthy bro.  He's in the group thsat should have been protecting himself.

Article written by a genius or yahoo sob story meant to fan the panic...mitch chooses the yahoo story.  That's mitch in a nutshell.

Yea...I read it and I shrugged. Just another person trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth...

He says, 'there's so little that we know' but somehow extrapolates and infers a mountain of information based on what little we know.

It's just more posturing to me...posturing by someone who'll likely not encounter the worst consequences from other peoples' poor decisions and lack of consideration.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

Michel Barnier
?
@MichelBarnier
I would like to inform you that I have tested positive for #COVID19. I am doing well and in good spirits. I am following all the necessary instructions, as is my team.

For all those affected already, and for all those currently in isolation, we will get through this together.

I had to look up who this was...a rather powerful politician from France?

This is going to become the rule rather than the exception soon.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

Michel Barnier
?
@MichelBarnier

I had to look up who this was...a rather powerful politician from France?

This is going to become the rule rather than the exception soon.

Michel Barnier is the guy who was doing EU negotiations with the UK in regards with Brexit. Since some people (including me) used to post in the Brexit thread here, I thought I would share the news.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

It's fine, we could use insight into UK & European opinions & updates. Reading it on the news is one thing, but sometimes interesting & more specifics from residents. Also will be interesting to follow if/how US does it vs UK/Europe, and see where we each are in the long run weeks & months from now. In fairness, US is a much larger country, however UK is more densely populated (London similar to NYC). I think we have more 'deniers' in Rush-country & the youth it seems.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yea...I read it and I shrugged. Just another person trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth...

He says, 'there's so little that we know' but somehow extrapolates and infers a mountain of information based on what little we know.

It's just more posturing to me...posturing by someone who'll likely not encounter the worst consequences from other peoples' poor decisions and lack of consideration.

Did you bother to look up who it was since you obviously don't know without looking it up?  It wasn't you or I posting it...

Board footer