You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

There are some questions as to what 'leave' is and some are saying they'd be better off filing for unemployment now. Any thoughts on that?

What made this tough is that the government determined my service to be an 'essential business' and I could have rested my laurels on that but deep down I just could reconcile that.

God forbid if someone got sick and we infected the whole company or some actually died...I couldn't live with that.

I pay huge amounts into unemployment insurance and have for many years. In the mean time...I'm making sure that everyone's paycheck is full for the 25th despite mass cancellations during the last pay period. I guess I just wrestle with if that's enough.

Anyway, I bought myself a little time now to figure this out.

I don't know that anyone will have good answers for this until the government decides what they are going to do.  Trust them or not, they have complete control over this situation and we/you are at their mercy.  If you can, try to put off a drastic decision until they make a decision.  You may not be able to, but that's the only way you're going to get an answer you can count on.

I was encouraged that Illinois was approved for disaster relief today...all states should be but some states haven't attempted to apply yet. Some states were approved weeks ago. Weird how that works...

I see stuff changing...or I don't know exactly what to believe. I heard that the Republicans feel as though this stimulus is on their terms except it's not because of the whole 60 vote thing. So far it doesn't seem that different from 2008.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Report: Harvey Weinstein Tests Positive for Coronavirus in Prison

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 … -weinstein

AtariLegend wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

Report: Harvey Weinstein Tests Positive for Coronavirus in Prison

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 … -weinstein

At risk age group. I can only imagine what the tweets that I won't be reading say.

AtariLegend wrote:

Almost a lockdown announced, but not quite tonight.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

Coronavirus: PM declares lockdown - Britons only allowed to leave home if essential

People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:

[...]
Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
One form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household
Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- … t-11962600

AtariLegend wrote:

This whole thing is pretty surreal still.

It's felt like living history over the past few years, then this happens.

Most of us got that text today, but the neigbours ect. still have all their kids outside like it's a summer holiday.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Totally surreal. Felt like the movie 28 Days Later (cant believe thats 17 years old btw).

I think this might be the end of malls, & strip clubs. Bars alone will have a tough time bouncing back. If they reopen June 1, would ppl really visit on a regular basis?

Do u think summer concerts still go on?

AtariLegend wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Totally surreal. Felt like the movie 28 Days Later (cant believe thats 17 years old btw).

I think this might be the end of malls, & strip clubs. Bars alone will have a tough time bouncing back. If they reopen June 1, would ppl really visit on a regular basis?

Do u think summer concerts still go on?

Pass we've barely started this.

Be lucky if there's any major tours before 2021 (that might be optimistic too).

Again hardest hit countries currently if fiqures are to be believed are China, Iran, Italy and Spain. Not exactly the arctic circle.

Going to take more than some Spring weather to help.

The headline here this hour is that one of the fallen here today was a 21 year old girl with no conditions. Death rate in first world countries is higher than 1%.

It's not the end of the world, but it is what 2020 is now.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah. I do believe China in part, that its slowing down &/or no new cases. Granted, the had heavy, dictatorlike quarantines, but hopefully there's a way out of this, and it only takes 3-4 months. Maybe, now that we know this, we can do it a little shorter. Italy will kinda determine how it really goes for the rest of the world. If it doesn't get better there, it won't here.

USA too many areas aren't taking it seriously that it won't hit them for another 2-3 weeks, but when it does, it'll spread fast.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

Absolutely disgusting.

NHS staff warned to hide ID after spate of targeted muggings

Robbers targeting doctors and nurses to obtain free food offered for tackling coronavirus

NHS staff are being targeted by muggers trying to steal their identity badges so they can use them to obtain the free food and drinks being offered to doctors and nurses tackling coronavirus.

Health service bosses are so concerned by a spate of incidents that they are preparing to warn all hospital staff to hide their NHS lanyards when they are arriving at or leaving work.

NHS England condemned attempts to rob staff as “the actions of an idiotic few”.

Last week robbers tried to grab badges belonging to two personnel at Lewisham hospital in south London but did not succeed. The muggers approached the two staff – thought to be doctors – as they were walking through a park just outside a rear entrance to the hospital.

One of the doctors’ colleagues said: “Something like this is appalling. It’s beyond the pale and so shocking. Someone tried to grab my colleagues’ ID badges as they were leaving but didn’t get them.”

All staff at the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS trust’s two acute hospitals have now been told to keep their lanyards concealed when they are entering or leaving the premises. The trust’s all-staff briefing issued on Monday said: “Following reports of an attempt to take the ID badges of two members of staff as they were leaving work, please make sure your ID badge is out of sight.”

Those trying to steal ID badges are thought to want them to obtain the free coffee, pizza and other products that high street chains such as Leon, Domino’s, Costa Coffee, Pret a Manger, Burger King, Pizza Hut and Greggs have begun offering NHS staff to thank them for their efforts in dealing with the coronavirus epidemic.

An NHS official said: “This is absolutely grim. ID badges are being stolen in a few places as staff come out of their trust. As soon as staff are coming off-site they are waiting for them and stealing them, to get the free food and also so they can go shopping during the protected early morning shopping hour that some supermarkets have put in place for NHS staff.

“It’s mainly nurses who have been targeted. They’re the ones who often walk out of the main entrance of a hospital with their lanyards on.”

NHS England is finalising new advice that it will send to all 240 trusts in England, asking them to tell staff to be vigilant and to keep their ID badge hidden.

Ruth May, its chief nursing officer, said: “Our NHS staff are pulling out all the stops in the face of an unprecedented global health threat, so these reports are really concerning. We have seen some extraordinary acts of generosity from businesses and the public and this will not be overshadowed by the actions of an idiotic few, but I would urge everyone to show NHS staff the gratitude they deserve and help them to do what they do best.”

Several departments at University College Hospital London, a major acute trust in the centre of the capital, have recently advised their own staff to beware after several incidents. Trust bosses then issued a briefing to all personnel on Monday repeating the need to be careful.

It said: “We are doing what we can to keep you safe. Please raise your vigilance and do not have your mobile phone or NHS lanyards/ID visible outside our hospitals. Please remember to report any incidents to security at UCLH too.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … d-muggings

Board footer