You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

China, Iran and Russia aren't releasing real numbers, so no one knows.

AtariLegend wrote:

Things are finally starting to get quiet around here.

Even as of yesterday there were still groups going out at night here wandering around and kids playing outside.

This is kind of film like. I wonder what happens if the goverment stay the course and rates keep rising over the coming months.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
misterID wrote:

China, Iran and Russia aren't releasing real numbers, so no one knows.

There was some article a few weeks ago that said there were over 150,000 cases in China.

Italy:
About 62 M people.
Cases: 105,792
Deaths:12,428   

USA:
About 331 M people
Cases: 185,270   
Deaths: 3,780   

China ( China population is equivalent to 18.47% of the total world population  - stealing that quote from somewhere on the Internet, apologies for not crediting since I don't know which site it is from).
1,439,323,776  (including Wuhan: 11 M).
Cases: 81,518 (!!!!!)
Deaths: 3,305 (!!!!!!!!)

10 10 10   10

See how that virus spread to so many countries and you have now more deaths in Italy than in China?

I really don't think they could contain the virus to Wuhan only.

And I don't think the numbers they were feeding us were realistic.

Sometime around 6 February there was some article about the lies released by the Chinese government,  where numbers were 154000 cases and 24589 deaths. I have a screencap I sent to a family member because those numbers were so scary.

Also:
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Wuhan,-e … 49673.html

Major European papers are starting to question the numbers released by China. Back in February questioning numbers seemed more like something that conspiracy theorists would do.

It seems that there are 8 crematoriums in Wuhan, which was the epicentre of the epidemic. China says 2535 people died because of Covid19 in Wuhan. Why all the crematoriums are overworking then? Why such large queues? But more importantly what's going on elsewhere in China? What about the other areas that were most certainly contaminated?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I found this interesting :

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Looks about right. I believe after Memorial Day is when alot of ''temporary telecommuters' go back to work & offices reopen. Retail occurs beforehand, early May, but in an abundance of caution & convenience of the holiday, they wait till after.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Looks like the virus could have been accidentally released from a lab in Wuhan after all.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Looks like the virus could have been accidentally released from a lab in Wuhan after all.

Why, whatd you hear?

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why, whatd you hear?

https://news.yahoo.com/trail-leading-ba … 25888.html

Read to Bat Woman and then who people think Patient Zero is... Wow.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I have serious doubts this was lab created.  It's an incredibly shitty virus if its design was biological warfare.  Less than 2% mortality rate and all of that almost entirely in the elderly and immuno-compromised - not something very effective against your average soldier.  Plenty of other known pathogens with 90+ mortality rates if China wanted to develop something new.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I have serious doubts this was lab created.  It's an incredibly shitty virus if its design was biological warfare.  Less than 2% mortality rate and all of that almost entirely in the elderly and immuno-compromised - not something very effective against your average soldier.  Plenty of other known pathogens with 90+ mortality rates if China wanted to develop something new.

Agreed. I’ve thought this for a while. The only similar theory i’ve entertained is: what if it got out before they were finished  with making it deadlier in some way. I don’t know how bioweapons are made ....

I’m still anxious of contracting it. I’m taking a lot of precautions. I live in a town of 18k, and at last count 13 had it, and they are likely in a hospital in Chicago or elsewhere. Our town has no hospital.

I go out once a week for groceries. I have three teen kids who eat endlessly it seems. I have no face mask per se, but i used my balaclava with my GNR Lies t-shirt tied over it like a bandana. Overkill? I dunno. I buy groceries for my elderly neighbor Bob and certainly don’t want to pass it on to him.

Stay safe everyone.

Board footer