You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This was going to trash the economy no matter what. This exact thing has been ranted about by libertarians who keep making up these hypotheticals, but still don't realize lots of people stopped going out and businesses closed on their own. The government is giving them an out to these losses that they otherwise wouldn't be able to recover from. Quarantining isn't a guarantee of not getting infected... You still have to go out, you still get food, and you still have to stay hygienic and aware. It's a case of social media randos Monday morning quarterbacking their own opinions that don't need to be proven so they consider themselves be "right."

And these measures have helped. Had the numbers spiked any higher with no intervention this would last a lot longer than it will.

We have not overreacted.

How have they helped?  Not how do you think they helped, show any kind of proof that they helped because the only proof we have so far is it made zero difference (even if it is a small sample size). 

I love it when people talk about people making up hypotheticals, then use made up hypotheticals to back their case.  There's zero proof that anything worked or made any kind of difference.  That's the one fact that can't be debated.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Lol, prove people who aren't sick would've been sick? Yeah... Just today:
"California currently is not seeing the double digit increases that were predicted in COVID 19 cases.  15865 infected, 2.1% increase day to day in ICU patients to 1108 patients statewide, per Gov Newsom" because of social distancing and quarantining.
https://news.yahoo.com/californias-coro … 47108.html

Look at Italy and South Korea - people who listened to quarantining and those who didnt. The world economy crashed. That would impact everyone. Including us.

Yeah, except my hypothetical wasn't based off a Facebook post. You're the one getting bent out of shape when someone disagrees with you.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

"California currently is not seeing the double digit increases that were predicted in COVID 19 cases.  15865 infected, 2.1% increase day to day in ICU patients to 1108 patients statewide, per Gov Newsom" because of social distancing and quarantining.

Look at Italy and South Korea - people who listened to quarantining and those who didnt. The world economy crashed. That would impact everyone. Including us.

Yeah, except my hypothetical wasn't based off a Facebook post. You're the one getting bent out of shape when someone disagrees with you.

No you're right...things are going well...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This was going to trash the economy no matter what. This exact thing has been ranted about by libertarians who keep making up these hypotheticals, but still don't realize lots of people stopped going out and businesses closed on their own. The government is giving them an out to these losses that they otherwise wouldn't be able to recover from. Quarantining isn't a guarantee of not getting infected... You still have to go out, you still get food, and you still have to stay hygienic and aware. It's a case of social media randos Monday morning quarterbacking their own opinions that don't need to be proven so they consider themselves be "right."

And these measures have helped. Had the numbers spiked any higher with no intervention this would last a lot longer than it will.

We have not overreacted.

How have they helped?  Not how do you think they helped, show any kind of proof that they helped because the only proof we have so far is it made zero difference (even if it is a small sample size). 

I love it when people talk about people making up hypotheticals, then use made up hypotheticals to back their case.  There's zero proof that anything worked or made any kind of difference.  That's the one fact that can't be debated.

Go back to work and MAGA it up bro...show us all how it's done.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Not a Facebook post bro.  An article.  Which was posted.  You know, actual information showing that the quarantine didn't prevent people from getting the virus.  I know that's hard for mitch to comprehend, but I'd expect you to at least make an effort.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

We have not overreacted.

Go back to work and MAGA it up bro...show us all how it's done.

Keep your bullshit in the other thread loser.  You embarrass yourself enough there, no reason for you to make nonsense posts here too.  Restrict your ignorance to one place.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Not a Facebook post bro.  An article.  Which was posted.  You know, actual information showing that the quarantine didn't prevent people from getting the virus.  I know that's hard for mitch to comprehend, but I'd expect you to at least make an effort.

Dude, I get it, you're bored. Big pointed out the flaws in what you posted. But if this is what helps you deal with cabin fever, knock yourself out.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, I get it, you're bored. Big pointed out the flaws in what you posted. But if this is what helps you deal with cabin fever, knock yourself out.

Bro, look again.  Reference the article I am referring to, not some random Facebook post.  Jesus...we don't need two mitches.

60 people that were quarantined in Italy got tested for the antibodies...40 of them tested positive.  Keep up here.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

https://www.lastampa.it/topnews/primo-p … 1.38666481

Italian isn't my strong point, but apparently 60 volunteers who thought they'd never suffered COVID-19 gave blood. 40 of them tested positive for antibodies to the virus. Way more people have had the virus than anyone knows; the death rate is going to turn out to be ridiculously low from people that were infected. The more time goes on, the more it looks like I was right and we way overreacted to this.

Every country on the planet enforced mass shutdowns. Every one of 'em.  Yet you feel America 'overreacted'???  Cite 1 country who didn't shut down. 

1?

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Saying quarantining does not work with a virus that spreads via human to human is quite extraordinary.

Board footer