You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Saying quarantining does not work with a virus that spreads via human to human is quite extraordinary.

Indeed, yet 40 out of 60 that thought they'd never been infected and had been quarantined for weeks tested positive.  Fascinating.

Either they have no clue how it actually spreads or way more people have already been infected and no amount of quarantine was going to change that.  Which it is doesn't matter.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

https://www.lastampa.it/topnews/primo-p … 1.38666481

Italian isn't my strong point, but apparently 60 volunteers who thought they'd never suffered COVID-19 gave blood. 40 of them tested positive for antibodies to the virus. Way more people have had the virus than anyone knows; the death rate is going to turn out to be ridiculously low from people that were infected. The more time goes on, the more it looks like I was right and we way overreacted to this.

Every country on the planet enforced mass shutdowns. Every one of 'em.  Yet you feel America 'overreacted'???  Cite 1 country who didn't shut down. 

1?

Sweden

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

It's called being asymptomatic, and people like that would go out to movies, dinner, MLB games and spread it to a dozen others.

What's so hard to grasp about this??

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It's called being asymptomatic, and people like that would go out to movies, dinner, MLB games and spread it to a dozen others.

Lol...the quarantine accomplished nothing...what's so hard to understand about that?  People already spread it.  It's too late. Quarantine the at risk.  Nothing is being accomplished with anything else they are doing.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Why are you so unwilling to think for yourself?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

https://www.lastampa.it/topnews/primo-p … 1.38666481

Italian isn't my strong point, but apparently 60 volunteers who thought they'd never suffered COVID-19 gave blood. 40 of them tested positive for antibodies to the virus. Way more people have had the virus than anyone knows; the death rate is going to turn out to be ridiculously low from people that were infected. The more time goes on, the more it looks like I was right and we way overreacted to this.

Every country on the planet enforced mass shutdowns. Every one of 'em.  Yet you feel America 'overreacted'???  Cite 1 country who didn't shut down. 

1?

Sweden

Ok, I'll give you that. HOWEVER, they shut down gatherings of 50 or more (ie. MLB, NHL, NBA, weddings, concerts etc), high schools, and colleges.  That right there is already unprecedented in the US. Only 9/11 I believe caused anything close to this, and I think most only shut down for 1 week.

Swedens also a fairly isolated country as well. I'm not sure NYC or London could follow Sweden's lead on things, different animals & cultural makeup & international travelers.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Lol...the quarantine accomplished nothing...what's so hard to understand about that?  People already spread it.  It's too late. Quarantine the at risk.  Nothing is being accomplished with anything else they are doing.

If there weren't shutdowns there would be 10X more deaths in the US.  We implemented mass shutdowns 3 weeks ago and viola, coincidentally NYC is beginning to show a decrease in numbers.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I mean it's really not that complicated. A bit of logic goes a long way. Jeez.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-s … f-america/

Glad to see the predictions of hundreds of thousands prove to be wrong, and the numbers starting to peak.  Hopefully we can start putting people back to work in 2-3 weeks now that we know what the real numbers look like.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-s … f-america/

Glad to see the predictions of hundreds of thousands prove to be wrong, and the numbers starting to peak.  Hopefully we can start putting people back to work in 2-3 weeks now that we know what the real numbers look like.

I said all along it would likely go till May, with telecommuting remaining relatively optional thru Memorial Day, majority of the country reopens in June (back to normalcy so to speak).

The country somewhat 'unofficially' gets past it late summer/Labor Day.  NFL season opener is kindof a statement of 1st day we are back, although MLB has a season of lowered attendance.

Really it's just following China's timeline. 75 day shutdown of Wuhan I think.

Board footer