You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Covid 19

PaSnow wrote:

Having said all that, bars & retaurants, tourism etcc remains way down all year. Plus when next flu season picks up they slow down all over again. I bet next years Mardi Gras is a record low.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Buzzsaw, take a look at the bus driver from Detroit who made the FB video about a rider coughing on the bus with no regard for safety.  Then he died 3 weeks later. Are you telling me if he stayed home, or she stayed home, he still would've died?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Buzzsaw, take a look at the bus driver from Detroit who made the FB video about a rider coughing on the bus with no regard for safety.  Then he died 3 weeks later. Are you telling me if he stayed home, or she stayed home, he still would've died?

Just stop for a second.  First it's one situation of someone being reckless. Is public transportation shut down in NY now?  It wasn't before and it probably wasn't in other locations either, so the guy still would have been driving a bus and someone that doesn't give a shit still would have coughed on his bus. We don't make decisions based on one-off situations.

The horse is way out of the barn.  Asymptomatic people have been spreading the virus before any shutdowns happened.  Whenever they get around to testing for it, I assure you my wife had this back in Nov/Dec when she was coughing for several weeks and a bunch of people had the same thing.  The virus was already out there and spread...unless you can explain to me how 2/3 of the people that had been quarantined tested positive some other way, which I highly doubt. 

Look at the numbers.  The actual numbers, not the media estimates. Unbiased models had far less dying in the US (I don't recall the exact numbers, but if you want to argue with me on this, I'll go get the numbers).  Regardless, it's far less than what the media has been shoving down people's throats.  Mortality rates when they actually find out how many really had it are going to be minuscule. 

Nobody ever wants to argue the data...it's always feelings. Fuck feelings. It's okay to feel things, but it's not okay to make decisions strictly based off of how you feel.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Just stop for a second.  First it's one situation of someone being reckless. Is public transportation shut down in NY now?  It wasn't before and it probably wasn't in other locations either, so the guy still would have been driving a bus and someone that doesn't give a shit still would have coughed on his bus. We don't make decisions based on one-off situations.

The horse is way out of the barn.  Asymptomatic people have been spreading the virus before any shutdowns happened.  Whenever they get around to testing for it, I assure you my wife had this back in Nov/Dec when she was coughing for several weeks and a bunch of people had the same thing.  The virus was already out there and spread...unless you can explain to me how 2/3 of the people that had been quarantined tested positive some other way, which I highly doubt. 

Look at the numbers.  The actual numbers, not the media estimates. Unbiased models had far less dying in the US (I don't recall the exact numbers, but if you want to argue with me on this, I'll go get the numbers).  Regardless, it's far less than what the media has been shoving down people's throats.  Mortality rates when they actually find out how many really had it are going to be minuscule. 

Nobody ever wants to argue the data...it's always feelings. Fuck feelings. It's okay to feel things, but it's not okay to make decisions strictly based off of how you feel.

Good god man...get over yourself. I like how you get to select the models that are worth looking at and the ones that aren’t.

Your rhetoric is irresponsible at least...and possibly dangerous at the most. You’re not qualified to have these opinions.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Well if every McDonalds Burger King & Wendys was open in the country how many other deaths do you think there would be???  Also, buses & public transit ridership have been drastically lowered, so there would've been (and have been) more bus driver deaths, police deaths etc.

Forget it, you can't argue with this. The guy claims his wife had Coronavirus in November cause his wife had a cold & took some NyQuil.  I can't even, I just can't.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Well if every McDonalds Burger King & Wendys was open in the country how many other deaths do you think there would be???  Also, buses & public transit ridership have been drastically lowered, so there would've been (and have been) more bus driver deaths, police deaths etc.

Forget it, you can't argue with this. The guy claims his wife had Coronavirus in November cause his wife had a cold & took some NyQuil.  I can't even, I just can't.

You don't have a clue man, but don't worry...when the facts come out, I'll be right and you'll deny having said any of this. 

Most of those people were exposed already.  Most of those people were exposed already.  Most of those people were exposed already. #factspeoplekeeptryingtoignore

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Good god man...get over yourself. I like how you get to select the models that are worth looking at and the ones that aren’t.

Your rhetoric is irresponsible at least...and possibly dangerous at the most. You’re not qualified to have these opinions.

There is no rhetoric...it's an honest look at the situation that the sheeple are scared of.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You don't have a clue man, but don't worry...when the facts come out, I'll be right and you'll deny having said any of this. 

Most of those people were exposed already.  Most of those people were exposed already.  Most of those people were exposed already. #factspeoplekeeptryingtoignore

Yup...we know far too many people have been exposed...so spread it out as much as possible so there is a bed and a ventilator for them.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

It's called the flu Einstein & it happens every year. I had it too as did half my works office. China didn't start noticing it there until December. Secondly, even if it was in the US in November as you claim that puts it back on the CDC's failure to not publicly ask Americans to be cautious until mid-March. Although that's to be expected since he fired everybody & his cabinet is full of Betsy Devos's.

Either way, Trumps a failure. Thank you, good night!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-s … f-america/

Glad to see the predictions of hundreds of thousands prove to be wrong, and the numbers starting to peak.  Hopefully we can start putting people back to work in 2-3 weeks now that we know what the real numbers look like.

He might not be able to wait, but it would true to Trump’s showman nature if he gave the all-clear for Memorial Day weekend. Even better, go through June and have the biggest July 4th weekend celebration this country has ever seen.

Board footer