You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Covid 19

Smoking Guns wrote:

Social distancing has worked. But we need to open up at the end in May, I feel like her immunity is about to start taking place. We need to finish strong the rest of April and reassess. We have done a good job so far after a slow start. Hydroxychloroquine does work as well, crazy seeing the Trump haters pull against Hydroxychloroquine.

mitchejw
 Rep: 117 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:

I know we’re not trusting a China right now but i thought i read earlier this week that they may have already discovered a mutation of the COVID-19. This certainly complicates things if true.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Covid 19

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I know we’re not trusting a China right now but i thought i read earlier this week that they may have already discovered a mutation of the COVID-19. This certainly complicates things if true.

Maybe yes maybe no. There is some dispute on the. Fauci and team said have one case where that happened isn’t a trend or something to that effect. As usual says he would need to see the data.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Sweden is going to see a spike I'm sure...the question isn't where they end up in 2 days or a week; it's where they end up when it's over.  Remember...if we "flattened the curve" we also dragged this out longer.

This makes no sense. We flattened the curve because of isolation.  It seems only Dr. Buzz, Facebook post PHD, disagrees.

Omg are you fucking dumb.  Go away mitch...adults are talking.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Buzz, go outside. Have fun. This isn't about science, you're not talking science. You don't think there's a problem, it's all exaggerated. Go to it.

I know you're not talking about science, but I am.  You're taking something completely unrelated and trying to equate it to this.  There is no condom equivalent here...not even a mask.  Science is easy after the fact, but not so easy or clear when things are actually happening.

You're talking out of your ass like some others here assuming that just because I can see that the science doesn't back the reaction that I'm reckless and think we should just sit there and do nothing.  I invite you to post anywhere that I said it.  I'll be waiting...for a while.

You're not talking sience, but your poorly formed opinion. I gave you examples and you ignored them. New Orleans, even California vs New York. South Korea and Italy. Businesses were shutting down before they were told to, like I pointed out. The economy was going to crash no matter what. There are states who never even issued stay at home orders, the private sector did it on its own. If there was no isolation there would have been more sick, the spread would have been worse, I've seen no one dispute how contagious this thing is, which would have hurt businesses even worse and for far longer... Like New Orleans.

But you keep acting like your made up opinion is right and everything else is anecdotal. Then you get mad and childish when people disagree, per usual. Like I said, go out. Have fun if it's no big deal. Put your theory to the test.

So you have no point?   You're being a mitch level twat here ignoring what I said and taking things that have nothing to do with what I said as counter points.  Step back with mitch...you can't handle science buddy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:

Since people are either intentionally being ignorant or they don't seem to understand English, I am going to lay out exactly how I feel about this:

1) The decision to quarantine wasn't wrong; the execution was wrong. Instead of destroying the economy and quarantining everyone, the at-risk population should have been quarantined while the rest of us develop herd immunity.  Scientists are now starting to say that the virus was in California already and people developed that immunity, which is why their numbers don't look like other locations.  You know, science!

2) Flattening the curve doesn't stop coronavirus; it just spreads it slower, which means instead of a spike and then it drops, the virus sticks around even longer meaning even longer quarantining the wrong people.  If we had done nothing, we might be on the downslope already (I say might because there's no way to know).  For all you flattening the curve advocates, do you not understand flattening it also extends it out longer?  That was the whole point of doing it...to spread the impact to hospitals out over a longer period of time than all at once.  Please tell me you knew that or you really need to exit this conversation entirely.   You know, science!

3) People have to take responsibility for themselves.  If you're sick, stay home.  If you live with someone or are taking care of someone at-risk, stay home.  Even if you're not sick, avoid visiting nursing homes or other places where there are large groups of at-risk people, because that will slow the spread to the wrong population.  You know, science!

4) Mortality rate is somewhere around 2% - that ONLY counts people that have been tested.  Far, far, FAR more people have the virus and no symptoms and haven't been tested.  What that means is the actual mortality rate is ridiculously low...likely much less than 1%.  So while this isn't "the flu" because it spreads so easily, the actual risk to the general public is minimal.  You know, science!

5) The so-called "experts" admit that they don't know a lot about this virus other than what the data says. They are guessing based on past pandemics and whatever other motivations they may have to keep this in the forefront. EVERY interview I've seen where they are asked specifics, every one of them says they don't know multiple times to questions about the virus.  Because they don't know.  They keep moving the bar because they don't know.  They keep changing advice on things like masks because they don't know.  You guys are throwing out people's opinions as fact when those same people are admitting they don't know and if they aren't saying that, they are lying...because nobody knows.  You know, science! 

I swear you guys must have all slept through science classes growing up.  It was my favorite subject.  Why?  Because there's so much we don't know and things long held to be true change.  Read about hypothesis, theory, etc.  Understand what those words mean in science.  Learn about control groups (which we don't have for this, though Sweden is making at least a comparison group) and what they mean to the results of studies.  Above all else for the love of God, learn to think for yourselves.  The answer isn't to pick one source and decide they are the source of all sources.  The idea is to get as much information as possible and make decisions based on multiple points of view and what makes the most sense.  Odds are no one source is getting it right.  Because you know, that's how science actually works.

PaSnow
 Rep: 203 

Re: Covid 19

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Since people are either intentionally being ignorant or they don't seem to understand English, I am going to lay out exactly how I feel about this:


Buzz, you're really getting out there with this.  At least SG returned with some 'opinions' and was subjective about it all, and yeah Mitch & him entered into a discussion, then you enter again like an arguing kid claiming 'adults are talking'.


You seriously come off like some kid playing King Of The Mountain too seriously, not letting anyone come up top and just throw everybody else's thoughts & comments down. So much so no one just wants to bother playing anymore. I mean, what are your credentials?? Were you like a bio or chemistry major?  Just because Mitch or I watch a Dr Fauci press conference or comments from it on ABC or CNN, doesn't make what he says untrue.  Surely I'm gonna take his statements as true as opposed to someone on a Guns N roses message board who swears he's got the whole thing solved?

Did this affect you, are you like out of work or something?  I mean if so I do feel bad. If you're irate over the shutdowns I mean it was Trump who made the decision to shut alot down, so any anger towards Dems is misplaced blame. If Trump caved to the MSM hey that's on him. Rush was promoting this as a hoax, should've followed his advice. But you come off like you're the only one in the world who knows everything about this & have the solutions but no one will bother to listen to you.

PaSnow
 Rep: 203 

Re: Covid 19

PaSnow wrote:

As for hydro I mean, I think it's currently 'possible' it helps, but I'm not sure the proof is there. Placebo effect etc. Were patients who took it & reliefed really progressing to die, were there similarities (smoking/non, white/black, male/female) how far advacned were they etc. I mean, I know they trace that, but just reading a few success stories isn't a whole lot without contrasting it with/if any died taking it or succumbed to Covid while taking it. Things like that.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Since people are either intentionally being ignorant or they don't seem to understand English, I am going to lay out exactly how I feel about this:


Buzz, you're really getting out there with this.  At least SG returned with some 'opinions' and was subjective about it all, and yeah Mitch & him entered into a discussion, then you enter again like an arguing kid claiming 'adults are talking'.


You seriously come off like some kid playing King Of The Mountain too seriously, not letting anyone come up top and just throw everybody else's thoughts & comments down. So much so no one just wants to bother playing anymore. I mean, what are your credentials?? Were you like a bio or chemistry major?  Just because Mitch or I watch a Dr Fauci press conference or comments from it on ABC or CNN, doesn't make what he says untrue.  Surely I'm gonna take his statements as true as opposed to someone on a Guns N roses message board who swears he's got the whole thing solved?

Did this affect you, are you like out of work or something?  I mean if so I do feel bad. If you're irate over the shutdowns I mean it was Trump who made the decision to shut alot down, so any anger towards Dems is misplaced blame. If Trump caved to the MSM hey that's on him. Rush was promoting this as a hoax, should've followed his advice. But you come off like you're the only one in the world who knows everything about this & have the solutions but no one will bother to listen to you.

I'm a big fan of reality instead of fantasy.  Sci-fi is great and all, but not when it comes to real shit.  I laid out perfectly rational, and scientifically backed points...5 of them I believe...and you ignored all of them and went in some other direction. 

I work 100% from home.  My merit increase kicked in this week, so I am getting paid even more to do not as much.  It's not about me...it's how you know I don't have an agenda beyond doing the right thing for the masses.  It's completely asinine that when confronted with facts that you have no response to (because everything I posted is indeed accurate based on today's situation) you choose to attack me instead.  So go back to the politics thread where talking irrationally is okay...I'm not interested in you guys acting like children anymore.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm sorry if you're incapable of having an informed discussion.  I am.  But I am done playing with you.  If you're a CNN knows all resource, it's time for you to exit the discussion.  Go look up your guru doctor and his agenda.  Go look up how many times he's been interviewed and said "I don't know" or "we don't know" - the answer is he says that a LOT because when he's pressed on things, it's the only answer he can give without losing credibility.  You guys are pretending these guys have answers they don't have because you saw a snippet on a cable news show.  Educate yourselves or get the fuck out of the way.  Context does indeed matter.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB