You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

https://medium.com/swlh/misinformation- … ad951e4492

I’m just gonna put this right here.

So that is a week old and already he's had to make updates because (shockingly) either he was wrong or things changed.  So in other words, mitch posted an article that proves my point...there's a LOT we don't know still, yet so-called experts like this guy are telling you what you should do.  Good one mitch!

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I thought over the weekend of the possibility these State Government protests are created & pushed by russian troll campaigns.  FB & Twitter accounts with 200-1000 followers retweeting & sharing posts about supposed 'Take To The Capital Building Protest', then for each acct 10 morons follow along & goto it.

So it was okay to protest when trump won, but not okay to do so when rights are being taken away by the government?  Interesting take...

Edit: or are you just blaming russian trolls for it?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The cases are low because we're self quarantining.

Going to let you in on a secret (not really a secret since I said it weeks ago):  The number of cases isn't low.  Estimates I've seen in the last couple days say 50 - 85 times the numbers reported at this point.  Let's say it's only 20 times to be super conservative.  That's not low because of social distancing...it's high in spite of social distancing.  And think about this...20 times more cases with the same number of deaths in spite of the fact that they have admittedly been fudging the death numbers upward.  What does that make the death rate?

Weeks ago I told you guys this and you mocked me. Well signs are pointing towards me being more right than wrong...so again I have to ask was it all worth it?

Yes, because it would be much, much worse.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The cases are low because we're self quarantining.

Going to let you in on a secret (not really a secret since I said it weeks ago):  The number of cases isn't low.  Estimates I've seen in the last couple days say 50 - 85 times the numbers reported at this point.  Let's say it's only 20 times to be super conservative.  That's not low because of social distancing...it's high in spite of social distancing.  And think about this...20 times more cases with the same number of deaths in spite of the fact that they have admittedly been fudging the death numbers upward.  What does that make the death rate?

Weeks ago I told you guys this and you mocked me. Well signs are pointing towards me being more right than wrong...so again I have to ask was it all worth it?

Yes, because it would be much, much worse.

Based on your best guess? 

50+ times more people already have it.  How much worse do you really think it could be?  Same number of deaths, 50 times more infected meaning the death rate is 50 times smaller than what is currently being reported.  Tell me exactly how that math works...

...it doesn't, but continue on with your irrational thinking.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You're stating your made up opinion over and over. That's fine, but it's just that, your opinion. You stated it as such but then it quickly became your fact. Then it became proven science. Then gospel. I disagree.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You're stating your made up opinion over and over. That's fine, but it's just that, your opinion. You stated it as such but then it quickly became your fact. Then it became proven science. Then gospel. I disagree.

So here's the thing...my supposed made up opinion is actually supported by multiple studies with actual data from reliable sources. Science!   Now true when I said it first it was an opinion but shockingly to some (not me) the data supports me.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I know its going to piss people off that I was right and you're going to fight tooth and nail to never admit that.  That's fine...knowing you know is plenty good enough for me.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Here here!
high_res

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Nothing in that article i posted said anything about an over reaction. And a poll out today says 60% of Americans still say it’s too soon.

Tell me I’m wrong...the same dumb asses protesting a pandemic were the same ones telling Kaepernick to stfu.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Buzz, one thing we do know NOW is hospitals in outbreak areas are overwhelmed right now. To stop other areas going the same way, we have lockdown.

We have a virus circulating that we still don't know a whole lot about, what we do know is it is similiar to SARS and MERS, since it comes from the same family of viruses as they do and causes similiar symptoms, but with a higher infectivity rate and lower fatality rate. Given that, the measures taken so far seem prudent. Better safe than sorry.

Folk need to remember that the people dying face down on hospital beds suffocating as their lungs decay aren't just numbers. They meant something to some people. And for a lot of people they don't want themselves or those they care about to die that way.

You keep arguing that these measures are extreme because we don't know enough. If we wait until we know enough it's potentially catastrophically late.

Board footer