You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Bah...going back to increased restrictions in my province come monday

That's going to happening everywhere soon.

They need to do this with a scalpel, not a sledgehammer.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea...Ontario, Canada has these green,  yellow orange, red designations

Toronto is the worst area rn and it spreads out from there...i live relatively close to Toronto so we are also in the "hot spot" so to speak...i mean the entire province is like 1400 cases per day so they are being somewhat proactive compared to USA

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm expecting every major city to shut down again. We're pretty good about wearing masks despite the dolts, all things considered. But in the major hotspots and most vulnerable cities, we've had protest after protest after protest and now celebrations for months. It's nonsense.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Here's a good follow about the virus and measures needed, I've been following him from the start:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD

AtariLegend wrote:

Alot of questions being asked about the Oxford vaccine.

Seems like they need to restart the trials. Questions around doses and how people over 55/in risk groups were actually tested.

Questions around the other major 2 vaccines too in regards to whether they took into account social distancing/mask use during the trial. Supposedly not.

Very confusing.

Also the UK national debt is going to be unreal from this with brexit just over a month away.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If the virus is going to continue to dominate,  vaccines are going to be THE issue of 2021.

The issue will be mired in controversy and conspiracy.

A lot of people are not going to take it...at least not in the first wave.

TPTB are really pushing this idea of "The Great Reset".

We're entering another "new normal" like we did after 9/11.  This one is worse though because it impacts all areas of life.

Yeah the US debt too... already out of control...is about to go into overdrive. More stimulus and bailouts will cost trillions.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Alot of questions being asked about the Oxford vaccine.

Seems like they need to restart the trials. Questions around doses and how people over 55/in risk groups were actually tested.

So as I understand it with the oxford one:

- 90% effective when given with a 1/2 dose followed by a full dose.
- 62% effective when given with two full doses.

However it turns out that the half dose system above was only tested on people below 55.

Other interesting thing is that apparently the half dose tests were actually an accident - but when they realised they got approval to continue studying at that dosage and seem to have discovered that it's actually a better dose (pending what the next test shows).

I don't think these results are cause for alarm though - just grounds to keep looking into it - as given older people respond less well to vaccine generally it might be that the half dose system would not be as effective for them. So we might end up with something where you take more if you are older and get a lesser effect, while people who are younger need to take less and get a stronger effect from it.

But obviously we need to know. But it's good that so far it's been free from too many worrying side effects.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Rumor is that tomorrow the ontario Gov't is gonna lock down the hardest hit city in the province

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

But it's good that so far it's been free from too many worrying side effects.

I dont know...rushing vaccines doesnt seem like a good idea...how long do these things normally take to fully vet?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I dont know...rushing vaccines doesnt seem like a good idea...how long do these things normally take to fully vet?

Rushing vaccines is a recipe for disaster.

Worst case scenario...a literal black swan event.

While I'm not an  "anti-vaxxer", at least when it comes to normal shit, I'm skeptical in this situation.

If I do take a vaccine, under no circumstances will I be first in line.

There's too many risks. You gotta weigh the pros and cons.

One more thing....

If I was in power, I'd make Bill Gates and various others pushing it for profit be first in line....and it's a real dose...not a placebo.

If like to see how hot they are for it under those circumstances.

Board footer