You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Right now they are talking about PTSD...the effects of the reaction to the virus.  The host was pro-quarantine, but he's indicating they have changed his mind on that.  Again, over and over he says "we don't know" this followed by "we don't know" that.  They are also discussing the stigma attached to those that test positive.

Are you drunk already today?

Nope...I am actually listening to doctors talk about it instead of people trying to keep the panic going.  It's interesting to hear from actual professionals...you should try it some day.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Right now they are talking about PTSD...the effects of the reaction to the virus.  The host was pro-quarantine, but he's indicating they have changed his mind on that.  Again, over and over he says "we don't know" this followed by "we don't know" that.  They are also discussing the stigma attached to those that test positive.

Nope...I am actually listening to doctors talk about it instead of people trying to keep the panic going.  It's interesting to hear from actual professionals...you should try it some day.

My guess is that you’re interpreting info to fit your narrative.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It's on SiriusXM...feel free to interpret it yourself instead of just being a weasel because their narrative is different than yours.  This whole show has been about PTSD/Anxiety/handling the situation.

Edit - they just said it's the psychiatry show, so that may explain the focus.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's on SiriusXM...feel free to interpret it yourself instead of just being a weasel because their narrative is different than yours.  This whole show has been about PTSD/Anxiety/handling the situation.

I don’t have a narrative...what do you think my narrative is? I’m too busy to have a narrative?

Sirius costs money doesn’t it? I only have it in my car.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don’t have a narrative...what do you think my narrative is? I’m too busy to have a narrative?

Sirius costs money doesn’t it? I only have it in my car.

Ok mitch...you're totally narrative free.  Keep telling yourself that.

Apparently they are offering this channel for free on deactivated devices.

The longer I listen to it, I do wonder if there isn't a narrative behind it.  I haven't heard a single person support how we're handling things. We're reacting out of fear.  It's literally doctors saying there's no reason to be doing the things we're doing because there's no evidence that you're going to catch coronavirus. This guy is saying take precautions (wash hands, avoid crowded spaces, don't shake hands, etc). I think everyone agrees with that overall; it's the closing everything down that people are questioning. 

Edit - this is the "fear hour" - WTF is that???

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

It seems like they are replaying yesterday's shows now because I heard this part of the show yesterday.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It can last on surfaces a lot longer than the average virus, like days.

It's a good idea to wear gloves, imo. I hate gas pumps anyway. I'm staying away from drive thrus and even getting a coffee too. Basically, I'm staying and eating at home.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah im totally shutdown too. Inside & near stir crazy.

I think part if it is the news in large part comes from and focuses on NYC, and it was bad there early on, and will spread the fastest there. With New Yorkers (who in large part have money &/or grew up somewhere else) able to fly out and travel , or living closeby and used to subways, trains  taxis, uber small delis etc, its a bad place for it to start. Probably the worst place.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the point made today was that young people are still acting incredibly irresponsibly.

I'm thinking about getting GTAV on my Xbox One and replaying it. It's too bad this shit didn't happen when Cyberpunk 2077 or the Elden Ring was released. I wouldn't even care about venturing out.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Interesting article posted by someone who up until now has been pro-hysteria. 

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-f … m8E1WzQwtw

Board footer