You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Re: GNRevolution Exclusive! Classic Rock Feb Mag Cover!

Voodoochild wrote:

Hmm.. I didn't get it. What the Richard's killswitch has to do with Better? 

I'm talking more about Bucket licks, tone and style. The killswitch is also a trademark, but not the only thing  of his sound that makes it unique.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

Hmm.. I didn't get it. What the Richard's killswitch has to do with Better? 

I'm talking more about Bucket licks, tone and style. The killswitch is also a trademark, but not the only thing  of his sound that makes it unique.

just putting it out there...I dont really think the lead on better is Richard...but if it is BH then as APE stated it firmly plants the song in 03-04

so does this place the 1999 versions of the tracks as pre-BH, Zutaut, RTB (1999-2000) and the other leaks as being Post Zutaut, RTB (ie 2003-04) so where in god's name are the recordings from the RTB/Zutatut era? (2001 and 2002) cuz many peopel on these boards feel that line up was best yet we dont even have anythign from that time frame

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

I strongly feel the first demos (TWAT and IRS) are from early 2002, before Richard came in (I think its Paul Tobias on rhythm). Better must be from that era too.... smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

I strongly feel the first demos (TWAT and IRS) are from early 2002, before Richard came in (I think its Paul Tobias on rhythm). Better must be from that era too.... smile

I agree. When the original IRS leaked and a fan sent Fortus an email, Fortus had never even heard of the song. Cant be on a song you never heard of.

As far as CD and synth goes, every band member has said there are several versions of each song. I doubt synth plays a role in each version. For zutaut to claim one version kills the other version means there must have been something a bit different about it.

echrisl
 Rep: 0 

echrisl wrote:

This article reminds me why I barely even bother to check the boards to see what this band is up to anymore.  Everything just keeps spinning, with no sign of coming back down to earth anytime soon.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

This whacked behavior predates West Arkeen death so it has been going on long long long time... Ah Malibu a place I never want to live... where weirdness/control freaks and blackmail are the norm and money and power are not all that they seem. I cannot remember taking one person inside the walls of a Malibu house that they were not like GET ME THE F OUT OF HERE....myself included, its like negative vibes, the place needs an exorcism.... Guess if you make it crazy enough you don't notice?

The amazing things about the peaks inside the mayhem is that everyone is so cordial about the fallout. That alone should tell you it is weirder than you could or would want to imagine. Why would sane musicians and ex-friends say so little?  Now that should make a sane person wonder what else is going on? Right?

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

As far as CD and synth goes, every band member has said there are several versions of each song. I doubt synth plays a role in each version.

I think that synth will play a role in all of the songs whether consciously or subconsciously. No one really says "oh hey...that's synth on Paradise City". It's only noticeable when it's a more industrial type song or is used far too much (IE: There Was A Time intro).

Jameslofton wrote:

For zutaut to claim one version kills the other version means there must have been something a bit different about it.

True, but you never know when each recording is from. Technology has vastly improved in the last 10 years and I would think that looping and all the complexities that Axl is going for would be able to be weaved together better anyway.

Also Zutaut was in the studio where he probably heard a nice crisp temp-mix. Not an 128 kbps. outdated demo used for reference.

For example, on the album version of Chinese Democracy, Ron plays fretless and using the live recordings as a guide will sound really fast and dynamic. Although I love the song "Chinese Democracy", the drums don't ever 'pop'. They're there but they're kindof drowned out by the guitar.

All in all, I still hold belief that the final mixes on the final album will blow everyone away. Not sell 30 million copies or whatever, but really be good stuff. But that's assuming the album comes out, so here's hoping.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Seven wrote:

This whacked behavior predates West Arkeen death so it has been going on long long long time... Ah Malibu a place I never want to live... where weirdness/control freaks and blackmail are the norm and money and power are not all that they seem. I cannot remember taking one person inside the walls of a Malibu house that they were not like GET ME THE F OUT OF HERE....myself included, its like negative vibes, the place needs an exorcism.... Guess if you make it crazy enough you don't notice?

The amazing things about the peaks inside the mayhem is that everyone is so cordial about the fallout. That alone should tell you it is weirder than you could or would want to imagine. Why would sane musicians and ex-friends say so little?  Now that should make a sane person wonder what else is going on? Right?

Along these lines, I'm also wandering how the fuck Buckethead managed to pass the  'Yoda' test? I mean, really, Axl must have passed her a photo of Brian Carol and his 'friends' (chickens, puppets etc) when he joined?

This reminds me of that 'Borat' sketch where he shows random people on the street pictures of his naked mother and sister.

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

2007-07-15 Chiba, Japan

Part 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/75739947/Ch … _.zip.html (70 mb)

Part 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/75747421/Ch … _.zip.html (60 mb)

I beg any doubters in BBF to download this show and not say he sounds amazing. Everything that went wrong in 2006, with BBF just shredding at some shows without out emotion is put right, in this one.

As for this article...

All the new tracks i.e "Chinese Democracy", "Madagascar", "The Blues", even "I.R.S." sound different and better.

Example, "Better"- BBF owns Buckethead in this show at it.

I'll have to check this out. I've always been in the middle on the BBF/BH debate. I'm not really a big fan of BH's entire schtick but you can't deny the dude can play. The thing that really convinced me of what he can do is the TWAT solo.... amazing.

I downloaded the first disc, just waitin' my hour now to get the second one, lol.

Now that you've had a chance, back me up on BBF living up to/and owning former guitar players.

Board footer