You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GNRevolution Exclusive! Classic Rock Feb Mag Cover!

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

For example, on the album version of Chinese Democracy, Ron plays fretless and using the live recordings as a guide will sound really fast and dynamic.

The song didn't need to be fixed. It kicked ass in 01, 02, and on the leak. Perfect as is. Sucks that amazing song has to be downgraded. When the album comes out, I will probably be making my own version to include the CD leak.

Now that you've had a chance, back me up on BBF living up to/and owning former guitar players.

Bullshit. He cant even attempt to hold BH's jockstrap. Just because people want him to doesn't make it so. I wish a pot of gold would land right outside my house. Doesn't mean I'm gonna try and act like it just happened.

He fucks up CD, cant do the amazing TWAT outro, fucks up IRS, and the only reason Better is even tolerable is because Axl shines on the song and Finck's work is superb.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Bullshit. He cant even attempt to hold BH's jockstrap. Just because people want him to doesn't make it so. I wish a pot of gold would land right outside my house. Doesn't mean I'm gonna try and act like it just happened.

He fucks up CD, cant do the amazing TWAT outro, fucks up IRS, and the only reason Better is even tolerable is because Axl shines on the song and Finck's work is superb.

You haven't listened, I rest my case.

He improved alot in 2007.

James

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

You haven't listened, I rest my case.

Don't insult my intelligence. I  listened when you upped this show, and just like the other shows I've heard from 06-07, it doesn't impress me. If I had never heard how the songs were meant to sound, then yes I would be impressed.

This anti BH brigade is fucking ridiculous. Go throw the demos in the trash. You can keep CITR and 99 IRS and TWAT. Go chew on those 3 songs for awhile.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i have to agree with james. although bumblefoot did shine at some shows (he was great at rock am ring), his playing definitely isn`t on par with bucket.       

it`s the 2002 version of gnr, that made me a fan and in my opinion it was the best. if brain returns (which i think he will once CD is released) and the rest of the line up stays the same, i won`t have a problem with ron though. he`s a nice guy and a great guitarist, albeit not being on the same level as bucket. however,  i`ll never accept frank ferrer...  i see him as a temporary replacement and i hope he is just that....

most (casual) gnr fans probably don´t care about the line up changes anyways, but i want to see what the 2002 one is up to...   unfortunately without buckethead (at least live)

James

James wrote:
WARose wrote:

most (casual) gnr fans probably don´t care about the line up changes anyways

They wont care until they listen to demos for comparison, and then it'll be,"wait a minute. Why do these songs sound better 6 years ago?".

We already experienced this once, but the flavor of the week fetish eventually drowned it out. When the 06 tour started, people at all GNR forums were bitching that the songs were lacking because the BH parts weren't being done properly.

This will rear its ugly head again except on an even bigger scale because it will be an album and not a show.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

You can keep CITR and 99 IRS and TWAT. Go chew on those 3 songs for awhile.

I love "Catcher In The Rye" *Brian May, plays this brilliantly*

...As for the "There Was A Time" (With Strings) it's sounds like the same guitarist minus a guitar solo.

^ And you haven't heard the newer versions. Non of us will, till the albums released.

James

James wrote:

I love CITR also. As far as 99 TWAT goes, since you don't think the song was elevated dramatically in the BH era, its no surprise why you prefer BBF.

James

James wrote:

^ And you haven't heard the newer versions.

The typical cop out from the anti BH brigade. Cant judge songs already heard. Always have to rely on pie in the sky bullshit.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I love CITR also. As far as 99 TWAT goes, since you don't think the song was elevated dramatically in the BH era, its no surprise why you prefer BBF.

I do think it was elevated, I'm just saying that it still sounds like Buckethead playing that to me, it's sounds like the same guitarist, minus a few parts.

I'm not that fast a typer to reply to this stuff. I like them both, the end.

Board footer