You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GNRevolution Exclusive! Classic Rock Feb Mag Cover!

Neemo wrote:

I've said it before (Way beforethe CR article), but i think that BH is a bit too out there in both personality and Style for GnR....I think ron is a nice median between Slash and BH...and hes got the ability to do both justice IMO wink

Sky Dog wrote:

I agree with that too Neemo. I like Bucket's style better. However, Ron seems a better fit personality wise with the rest of the band. If this thing ever gets off the ground, it may last a little longer with less tension and conflict. cool

AtariLegend wrote:

March 24th, 2004

Drummer Josh Freese recently spoke to the Las Vegas Review-Journal about working with two of the most talked-about singers in the rock world: A PERFECT CIRCLE's Maynard James Keenan and GUNS N' ROSES' Axl Rose.

Although Keenan is often painted as a dark recluse, and Rose as a megalomaniac, Freese said he has no odd revelations about either singer.

"Axl was always nice to me and always generous," Josh said. "People want to hear horror stories, but I personally don't have any. And Maynard is a serious artist who, on one hand in regular life, could be as normal as you or I.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news … newsid=990

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

I agree with that too Neemo. I like Bucket's style better. However, Ron seems a better fit personality wise with the rest of the band. If this thing ever gets off the ground, it may last a little longer with less tension and conflict. cool

not that i dont think the leaks are fantastic...cuz they are...or that BH isn't amazing ... cuz he is....but gnr has enough eccentrics in Axl...they dont need another one plus a gimmick on top of it all...IMO GnR is beyond gimmicks...leave that for the Slipknot's, GWAR's and Kiss's of the biz,

No matter his enormous talent, they have a better chance of being taken seriously without him IMO

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
elmir wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

lets say BBF replaced all of BH's parts, I wouldn't like the songs any less.

well, if you didn't know what BH did...then of course....you'd love the songs....

i would love to hear BH's versions first and foremost....and then everyone else's.....he just has this edge about him that i haven't seen since the early days of gnr....bbf...as cool as he is....isn't as edgy as that....and i don't mean that in a negative manner...bbf plays that november rain solo better than any other gnr guitarist so far....including slash....

its just that on an emotional level...when i saw bh in the band....i felt that there may just be another chance for this band...that maybe axl rose was right all along....and that maybe i should show more interest, and start convincing my friends that gnr is back...and is better than before....

i don't get that urge now...bbf is awesome....robin is awesome...fortus is great....but they just don't light up the fire under my ass like slash did.....bh pulled that off....the emotional block next to the gnr name was ticked in 2002....

I'm with you Elmir 22, the reason that I'm still here is that I believe that BH will come back 39

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

not that i dont think the leaks are fantastic...cuz they are...or that BH isn't amazing ... cuz he is....but gnr has enough eccentrics in Axl...they dont need another one plus a gimmick on top of it all...IMO GnR is beyond gimmicks...leave that for the Slipknot's, GWAR's and Kiss's of the biz,

No matter his enormous talent, they have a better chance of being taken seriously without him IMO

Agreed wholeheartedy!

ibelieveinaxl
 Rep: 4 

sorry to disagreee, but i have seen over 50 "new" gnr shows, both with ron and BH. I appreciate Ron's work and hs is great, but BH is really off-the-hook....there is much more feeling and emotion in his playing...ron is great, but his style is more plain shredding and very mechanical...just my 2 cents...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

The fact he is all over the songs people praise shows that he can be taken seriously. In the articles back in 06 praising the leaks, I don't remember mentions of how the music cant be taken seriously because one member happens to where a bucket on his head.

People want to hear good music. Period. No one who is interested in hearing good music cares what the person looks like who is providing it.

BH is the only star the new era ever had. MTV was practically ready to crown him back at the VMAs. Did we get to see other members during the lead up to the event? No. In articles, is the media interested in BBF? No. Its always 'BH this, BH that'. Back in 01-04, whenever GNR was mentioned in mags, there was more likely a pic of BH in the article instead of Axl(go check Blender archives and other assorted mags). Do we see BBF all over the articles since 06? No. You're more likely to find BH mentions since 06 then you are BBF mentions. That right there shows the effect he had while being in this lineup during the dead years. 99.9% of the public couldn't tell you who these guys are with a gun pointed to their head, but they sure could identify BH.

People know what he brought to the table. It wont be replicated and no one can replace him in this era, and no amount of coolness or fan interaction is gonna change that.

APE, we do know how BH would play these songs live. He'd play them exactly how they sound on the studio recording. If you need proof, I'll upload some BH albums for you and then you can go listen to BH concerts for comparison. Only difference is you hear some crowd noise during the concerts.

The guy does not fuck up in any capacity whatsoever. He plays at a level that no one can else can even remotely touch.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

First off, don't insult my intelligence,

huh?
its a discussion....not a contest....apologies if it appeared incorrect to you, but the last thing i was after was to throw insults around at you....

elmir wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

First off, don't insult my intelligence,

huh?
its a discussion....not a contest....apologies if it appeared incorrect to you, but the last thing i was after was to throw insults around at you....

Ofcourse I know what BH can do.  Not only have I heard him playing with GNR but I have in my Itunes Monsters and Robots and Colma.  I know what the man can do, I even have a Patton and BH live concert in their band Moonraker [from Bri] which I think is great!

I took what you said like I have no idea about him and being just a bit condesending.  No worries it's all good and it is a discussion.

Board footer