You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNRevolution Exclusive! Classic Rock Feb Mag Cover!

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

His relationship with Beta is not a problem to me because I truly think Axl sees her as the mother figure he always wanted and atleast she has him "looking" for positive energy. The yoda stuff is too much though. Beta also makes it very clear that Axl takes this record very seriously. My point is, when we get this thing, you know it will be the best that he could have done.:thumbup:

Oh, there's no doubt we'll get the cream of the crop if its ever released. The article states Axl will remove those who are no longer there. I disagree. I think he will have whatever he considers the best performance. If BH's TWAT outro shits all over anything BBF can bring to the table, the BH outro stays. Axl's not gonna settle for mediocrity just because someone got tired of waiting. BH hung in there for 4 years. Thats gotta count for something.

Beta might be a mother figure, but that doesn't mean its a healthy relationship. She might do good things for him personally, but thats where all involvement should end. Her and others hijacking GNR and turning into something its not was never a wise move.

There's way too many greedy hands and control freaks hanging around the cookie jar. We're not going to get anything until that has been resolved one way or the other. Too many people have a stake in the clusterfuck status of the band/project. An album release could shake the foundations of the power structure and change the dynamics of the band completely. People who are behind the curtain pulling the strings may not be willing to risk something of that nature.

Funny BH said it would never come out in 2001 when we were supposed to be getting it in June of that year.

Sky Dog wrote:

I too think he will keep whatever he considers to be the best part.....it is definitely a clusterfuck, but it's an entertaining clusterfuck when we get articles like that!:haha:

James

James wrote:

I like these types of articles even though we only get them once in a blue moon. We are getting the story piece by piece. The 2001-02 period always interested me the most, so I am definitely not one of those pissed that this article was not dealing with the current lineup.

Jameslofton wrote:

I like these types of articles even though we only get them once in a blue moon. We are getting the story piece by piece. The 2001-02 period always interested me the most, so I am definitely not one of those pissed that this article was not dealing with the current lineup.

Agreed.  As I said before, it sheds light on more of the saga and that's something I have always wanted to know.   One thing Axl's camp cannot do is keep others quiet that have been in the situation and now long gone.   I am sure Classic Mag gave Zutaut a pretty penny to tell all of his time there.  I wonder if any fallout will come of this article from the GNR camp.   Will this bring anybody out to confirm, deny, explain or discuss any of this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

cool article. it`s a shame we only get very few articles like that. seeing as information from the gnr camp is something we don`t get anyways...

also nice to see, that jarmo doesn`t even allow neutral articles/info anymore....   it`s a shame what htgth has become....

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

Nice article. It was a good read.

However, it's confined to a certain period, thus we don't know what happened between 2003 until early 2007, when the recording was supposedly done and the mixing/mastering began. Maybe during that time they were able to write some songs with a decent chance of being mainstream hits (they seem to had some expectations about Better by putting it in a Harley Davidson ad).

Anyway, the thing that caught most of my attention here was Buckethead's behavior. To me this article really makes him look like a complete nutcase.
It also shows that Axl was probably not lying when he said all that stuff about Buckethead in the Rio cancellation statement. No one really believed Axl at the time (his quote about Bucket's inconsistent and erratic behavior and commitment was laughed at). Maybe he was actually telling the truth about the guy.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, I was one of those who was pretty harsh regarding the Axl and Tommy statements towards BH, especially Tommy's. Knowing what we know now, what they said is understandable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "turning" on BH. He will always be an amazingly talented musician and one of my all time faves. But when you want to smell dog shit while recording a solo and are sad when you cant, you have serious fucking mental issues and need to see a psychiatrist ASAP.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

. But when you want to smell dog shit while recording a solo and are sad when you cant, you have serious fucking mental issues and need to see a psychiatrist ASAP.

If it helps him to write such a beautiful music then i'm cool with it. He is a genius. 3

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer