You are not logged in. Please register or login.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

vipicius wrote:

This delay is why they want to make up for lost time by releasing a quadruple album. tongue

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Look, Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl bashed this out in an afternoon, surely Axl can do the same?

Just listened to that. That's pretty damn good... especially for a song quickly put together by two people.

It also shows that the Stones are capable of one more killer song or even an album before it's all over.

Yeah...there is no genuine excuse for nothing from GNR 2016-21. They wouldn't even have to be in the same room, city, or country to create new material.

They just don't really care. It wasn't the reason for the reunion.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That Jagger and Grohl tune is badass!

Sky Dog wrote:

Now that is quality pop punk! It is definitely better than the last Stones single which wasn’t too bad. Thanks. 3

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Now that is quality pop punk! It is definitely better than the last Stones single which wasn’t too bad. Thanks. 3

Doom and Gloom? That was bad ass. I still can't believe that they didn't capitalize on that momentum and record an album in that vein.

It was just used as a promotional tool to push their millionth GH/Best of set.

I also can't believe it's been almost 9 YEARS since it was released.

That blues cover album in 2016... possibly their final album....was a dud.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The Jagger and Dave song kicks ass but that guitar solo was pure shit

Sky Dog wrote:

James, Stones last single Living in a Ghost Town.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

James, Stones last single Living in a Ghost Town.

Oh yeah....I had already forgot about that one.  lol

Yeah it's definitely an improvement over that.

Sky Dog wrote:

I hate to say it but a Gnr song at this point will likely fall on deaf ears as well. You can’t simply not release a song for 13 years and expect anybody actually to care anymore. tongue

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I hate to say it but a Gnr song at this point will likely fall on deaf ears as well. You can’t simply not release a song for 13 years and expect anybody actually to care anymore. tongue

Agreed.

Other than the big reunion coverage of 2016 and the nostalgia tours since, they fell into the trap bands like Soundgarden, The Kinks, Elastica, etc...

They let generations grow up without them being on the radar.

You can come back and make some money, but your era of dominance is in the rearview mirror.

Stevie Nicks...the jaded bitch that she is...fully understood this.  She is the only reason that the world did not get a swan song album to wrap the saga up.

She said it wouldn't sell... and unfortunately she's right. What should've been the final album became Buckingham Mcvie album.

Guess what? It didn't sell.

If GNR release something, it trends for a few days, lotta Spotify and YouTube plays, they include the song in the set list, and then it's over.

This is one of the main reasons that hardcore fans of music....who used to be the first line of defense for artists/bands....are now mostly irrelevant.

Everything revolves around the casual audience today.

The bread and butter is touring and the cherry on top is pulling stuff out of the vault for various greatest hits, deluxe editions, box sets, and vinyl releases. These types of releases provide a nice trickle of cash and minimal effort on the artists side of the fence.

Having said all that, it still blows me away that we didn't even get one new song out of that initial reunion wave.

Board footer