You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

monkeychow wrote:

Personally I liked Synrdgirl...it's true she flaunted her sexuality, but in fairness to her, I know myself and some of the other dudes were more than encouraging her to do it.

Can't speak for her but I expect she was just young like the rest of us and finding herself and her sexuality and the power of the attention and all that all at once. If i was in her situation as a great looking hen among a pack of roosters I'd have done the same or worse. Hell a lot of the time I look back at stuff I've said from the past and just cringe. Time is a funny thing.

Anyways if you got to know her in IMs etc there was more to her than just the sexy pics - she's a cool chick.

As for Bono - i have him in a facebook chat with some people from here and we friend-fight most days lol. I can't help that he doesn't like stuff I do  16

I missed some of the others mentioned too.

Axlin was always a fun poster....I remember I was shocked when DTJ left too even though I didn't know about the circumstances etc.

We've really had a great community over the years and our fair share of crazy drama too as to be expected from forums I guess.

I hope GNR give us something else to rant and rave about one day. It blows my mind how long we've all been posting here now - its like the whole world came and ended around us somedays and we're still here talking about video clips we saw at 13 hahahaha

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

This thread made me curious about the past. Checked some of my old PMs on HTGTH. Broke out into a cold sweat. Embarrassingly immature.

A few years ago I logged into HTGTH to check my PMs. I scrolled through some of the old messages and yeah.... pure cringe.

The stuff everyone argued about and had literal Veruca Salt style conniption fits over was insanity. Much Ado about nothing.

It was like a virtual high school for immature and deranged nerds.

It was a blast though.

slashsfro wrote:

I was looking through some old thread and I saw Olorin and Intercourse posting there.  Those are two guys who haven't posted in awhile.
.

Intercourse was great. Haven't seen him in ages. Olorin was around for the leaks.

Furbush/Tyler Durden was another great member here but he always dropped in and out over the years.

He was the best member we got out of that mini exodus who fled cd.com in 2008.


Edit

Another guy I really liked was superMike. He was really active at HTGTH, joined us at ROV and here, but rarely posted to the point he was like a noob and no one really knew him.

He was a huge horror fanatic.

So was Von.

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

AtariLegend wrote:

I have to be honest. I'm not really that interested in the band anymore despite discords and being on the forums for years.

I login 25%, to point to spam bots.

I feel like I grew up or something.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I have to be honest. I'm not really that interested in the band anymore despite discords and being on the forums for years.

I login 25%, to point to spam bots.

I feel like I grew up or something.

It's understandable. I feel like (unfortunately) politics kinda carried this forum since 2016, then the 4 cd leaks occured in what, 2019, injected some GnR life back into it. I suppose NITL as well early on, but I think by 2018 the tour wasn't much to discuss anymore. We'll see where things are here in another 12 months.


AtariLegend wrote:

I feel like I grew up or something.

I can't believe I've been on Guns N Roses forums for 16/17 years now (2004 I think I officially joined HTGTH). Geeez.  You were a great poster Atari.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I have to be honest. I'm not really that interested in the band anymore despite discords and being on the forums for years.

I login 25%, to point to spam bots.

I feel like I grew up or something.

I wish I'd grow up. lol


I'm not really that interested in the band anymore

The band doesn't do anything. They don't do interviews, they don't release anything, zero content.


While I wish the site was more active, I realize why it's not.

It is literally the worst band to be a fan of. Every other legacy act/nostalgia trip actually does something.

Axl S
 Rep: 109 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

While I wish the site was more active, I realize why it's not.

It is literally the worst band to be a fan of. Every other legacy act/nostalgia trip actually does something.

Even if what they were doing wasn't to do with music. If they were just active in any meaningful way it would provide something to talk about.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

While I wish the site was more active, I realize why it's not.

It is literally the worst band to be a fan of. Every other legacy act/nostalgia trip actually does something.

Even if what they were doing wasn't to do with music. If they were just active in any meaningful way it would provide something to talk about.

Absolutely.

A good example is the other legacy/nostalgia act I'm a huge fan of...

Fleetwood Mac

They don't release new music and never will. Last album by the classic lineup was released in 1987...and then the live reunion album in 1997.

Other than off and on touring, they've done various documentaries such as the making of Rumours, they do many interviews discussing the turmoil over the years, and most importantly, they liquidate the vault with various deluxe editions and box sets.

They're interesting and worth following even though they never record anything new. You can ignore them(which I do) and then check in every few months and there will be something news worthy.

A fan can ignore GNR for years, check in, and it's exactly the same. Literally no movement on any front in any direction.

It's not a real band. Period. It does not have real management. Period. It has a real label but for reasons unknown, the label doesn't give a shit.

It is a retirement fund for three people. That is it. If a pandemic hits or any other future crisis that impacts future touring, no news is released to fans. Why? Because they don't give a shit. It's just a pause in the flow of cash to their retirement account. When Slash or Duff do something solo, nothing comes from this either.

Every now and then an employee or Slash will make an extremely vague comment about new material but they don't even believe it themselves.

The reunion has lasted almost as long as the original run....and it already has lasted longer than the 87-91 run....which is the meat and potatoes of the band's legacy.

More movement is being made with Soundgarden and their singer has been dead for four years and their music is tied up in legal nonsense.

What has been done to this band is a travesty.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 2 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

When is the last time MSL commented on the band? His GH with reworked Atlas certainly didn't pan out.

slashsfro
 Rep: 50 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

While I wish the site was more active, I realize why it's not.

It is literally the worst band to be a fan of. Every other legacy act/nostalgia trip actually does something.

Even if what they were doing wasn't to do with music. If they were just active in any meaningful way it would provide something to talk about.

Absolutely.

A good example is the other legacy/nostalgia act I'm a huge fan of...

Fleetwood Mac

They don't release new music and never will. Last album by the classic lineup was released in 1987...and then the live reunion album in 1997.

Other than off and on touring, they've done various documentaries such as the making of Rumours, they do many interviews discussing the turmoil over the years, and most importantly, they liquidate the vault with various deluxe editions and box sets.

They're interesting and worth following even though they never record anything new. You can ignore them(which I do) and then check in every few months and there will be something news worthy.

A fan can ignore GNR for years, check in, and it's exactly the same. Literally no movement on any front in any direction.

It's not a real band. Period. It does not have real management. Period. It has a real label but for reasons unknown, the label doesn't give a shit.

It is a retirement fund for three people. That is it. If a pandemic hits or any other future crisis that impacts future touring, no news is released to fans. Why? Because they don't give a shit. It's just a pause in the flow of cash to their retirement account. When Slash or Duff do something solo, nothing comes from this either.

Every now and then an employee or Slash will make an extremely vague comment about new material but they don't even believe it themselves.

The reunion has lasted almost as long as the original run....and it already has lasted longer than the 87-91 run....which is the meat and potatoes of the band's legacy.

More movement is being made with Soundgarden and their singer has been dead for four years and their music is tied up in legal nonsense.

What has been done to this band is a travesty.

Bingo and spot on. This band does jackshit.  No communication or releases (of ANY sort).  It’s like a ghost band which only shows up to tour.  Acts who are dead (like Hendrix) release more stuff than this “band”.

As far as the small back catalog, that is Axl’s fault for being so damn lazy for years and not releasing anything

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

monkeychow wrote:

They sort of make it hard to be a fan to be honest.

There's the lack of new content, or for that matter re-issues of half the old content, the ongoing and eternal general silence, the paranoid secrecy, the way anything that does happen always seems to be plagued by amateur problems despite them being one of the largest acts of all time, and the way that when they do interact with the media or fans at all they come off ungrateful, bitter, cynical,  and if we're actually honest about it hostile and patronising to fans.

Not only don't they respect us, they loathe us and it's pretty obvious.

I get fame is tedious and a lot of fans are demanding and don't respect the artists either - but their attitude to everything is just lamentable.

It was easier to tolerate the negative behaviours when they delivered a once in a generation experience of excellence in between, at this stage it's like the attitude problem is writing checks that their product can't cash.

We're supposed to put up with no end of bad things because of the art and they're artists, yet the art always seems to suffer the most - where even is it anymore?

Ok this is a rant, suffice to say - Axl is my favourite songwriter, he and Slash together was a pairing for the ages and in their prime one of the greatest acts of all time. But they hate us and they don't care. And we know. It's sad really.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB