You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

slashsfro wrote:
bigbri wrote:

GNR are so fucking lazy.

This has to be said.  From the clips I looked at here, they just looked like they were phoing it in.  And it just looked like such a boring, listless performance.

It's just kind of sad.  Other bands exist as just a touring band but even they seem to give a shit more than GNR at this point.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
WARose wrote:

I think I remember something Fortus said about working on material Slash wrote, but i‘m not exactely sure where and when i read that. If I had to guess I‘d say around 2014, but definitely long before Slash was back in the Band. Could have been hardschool.. and it‘s probably not the only song from those days. (Down by the ocean, this i love original version come to mind as well)

IMO....

Hardschool
Oklahoma
This I Love

I also wouldn't be surprised if The Rebel has its roots in those 95-96 sessions. It sounds like something that could've been pieced together out of those Slash-Zakk sessions that led to nothing and wound up getting worked on again later.

And yeah....Down By the Ocean.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James wrote:

They performed a new 30 year old B side on the last tour...

16 Really this says it all doesn't it!

Especially cos that single coming out was a big deal, the band seemed to embrace it, the classic rock media gave it the token coverage...then we all went back to sleep lol.

I agree about the shorter sets though. I guess they see the long set as value for money. But personally I would take a mini 30-45 mins of Axl screaming his balls off any day of the week over 4+ hours of the band bluffing when the heart/health just isn't there that show.

Hopefully one day we get the album. Hell the demo vocals on there with Slash and Duff added would make a great listen. Stuff like "perhaps" is actually good. I'll hang on for those days.

It's a shame the pay day isn't in recorded music....as if it's dollars driving these tours they will keep doing this until they die.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Here's the setlist from tonight.

I've removed the dead weight....

1 - "It's So Easy"
2 - "Mr. Brownstone"
3 - "Chinese Democracy"
5 - "Welcome To The Jungle"
6 - "Double Talkin' Jive"
10 - "Live and Let Die" [Paul McCartney & Wings song]
12 - "Rocket Queen"
13 - "You Could Be Mine"
15 - "Civil War"
18 - "Sweet Child O' Mine"
19 - "November Rain"
20 - "Only Women Bleed" [Alice Cooper song]
21 - "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" [Bob Dylan song]
22 - "Nightrain"
23 - "Paradise City"

You can add Patience and DC... Hardschool if you're moving forward.

You can have alternates like Estranged, Locomotive, The Garden, Yesterdays, etc.

Edit

It's a shame the pay day isn't in recorded music....as if it's dollars driving these tours they will keep doing this until they die.

Makes you wish the world was like it was 20-25 years ago....where tours promoted your album and if you didn't have an album out, no point in touring...crowds weren't coming.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

surely they have to play Hard school at some point? I remain somewhat positive I guess of getting something - I guess you could say this show today was clearing out the cobwebs and ring rust. I'd be nice to hear Axl actually give an update around the future....

YOu listen to any other bands first show back on a new tour and its never a disaster like it was with GNR
its time for the excuses to stop

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

Here's the setlist from tonight.

I've removed the dead weight....

1 - "It's So Easy"
2 - "Mr. Brownstone"
3 - "Chinese Democracy"
5 - "Welcome To The Jungle"
6 - "Double Talkin' Jive"
10 - "Live and Let Die" [Paul McCartney & Wings song]
12 - "Rocket Queen"
13 - "You Could Be Mine"
15 - "Civil War"
18 - "Sweet Child O' Mine"
19 - "November Rain"
20 - "Only Women Bleed" [Alice Cooper song]
21 - "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" [Bob Dylan song]
22 - "Nightrain"
23 - "Paradise City"

You can add Patience and DC... Hardschool if you're moving forward.

You can have alternates like Estranged, Locomotive, The Garden, Yesterdays, etc.

I watched a stream and the pop for KOHD was big and those there really enjoyed it, us hardcore fans rag on it but it's got to stay. That cursed Greatest Hits CD is what most casual fans expect and want to hear.

They'd be better doing Don't Cry and Patience instead of Estranged, Better and Dead Horse for their casual audience. The casuals like those songs more and it's not like the more hardcore fans appreciate or like hearing those songs anymore either - if keeping those in might as well keep them really rotational with other deep cuts like other CD songs, some stuff off TSI, maybe even something off Live Like A Suicide.

I still hope for something eventually, Slash and Duff wouldn't end up soundchecking and rehearsing an unreleased song to the level of tightness we heard if there wasn't a plan to do something with it. When though? Could be next week, could be in five years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no reason to do CD songs at all, imo. Unless they 're-release it (totally possible) with Slash and Duff, there's no point to it.

Sky Dog wrote:

They didn’t even play Estranged?

Sky Dog wrote:

Ok… just saw the setlist…..too funny

I’m with ID, unless you plan on playing Madagascar or TWAT, don’t play any Chinese and definitely don’t waste a cover by playing Velvet Revolver.

Arghhhh 4

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
bigbri wrote:

GNR are so fucking lazy.

This has to be said.  From the clips I looked at here, they just looked like they were phoing it in.  And it just looked like such a boring, listless performance.

It's just kind of sad.  Other bands exist as just a touring band but even they seem to give a shit more than GNR at this point.

Not sure how you watch Slash and call that phoning it in. He is the only reason to see a GNR show.

Board footer