You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

jimmythegent wrote:

Yeah I hope he has ditched the trilogy fanatasy and just chooses to use the cream of what's left of the CD leftovers. Or at least the ones that the current incarnation vibes with the best ...

I'd like "the Seeker" too and I know this is an unpopular opinion for some... unless the very real possibility of another covers album emerges down the line ...

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

They don't bring anything new or interesting to The Seeker, so it's unnecessary IMO. Wichita Lineman on the other hand... would love a studio version

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

They don't bring anything new or interesting to The Seeker, so it's unnecessary IMO. Wichita Lineman on the other hand... would love a studio version

I'd take both of them - provided it is a nice long album which seems to be Axl's preference. The NITL gig I attended in 2017, The Seeker blew me away and funnily was a highlight. Had it stuck in my head for a week afterwards ...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wichita Lineman is the best Axl has sounded in years. Love that song. The Seeker shows he doesn't need to sing in a high register, imo.

But yeah, I could totally see Duff looking through the new songs and flipping for Silkworms. It's pretty punk.

And A Different Kind Of Truth is awesome. A new album is a new album. I don't need guys to sit i a room and write new stuff for me to be happy. You got some cool stuff with i g around from 20-30 years ago? Let's friggin hear it.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Agreed - 'A different kind of truth' is a stellar album and shows it doesn't matter how old the material is - if it's quality, I'm all for Slash and Duff having at it and giving it a fresh coat of paint.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Calling it now. Double album. CD II & III as he dreamed, maybe with a redux of some CD I tracks. He gets to finally finish what we he started over 20 years ago. For better or worse.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Calling it now. Double album. CD II & III as he dreamed, maybe with a redux of some CD I tracks. He gets to finally finish what we he started over 20 years ago. For better or worse.

I've a hunch you could be right and have stated as much in the past...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

jimmythegent wrote:

So he's gone from "a bitch like you", removed it and now shouts "Absurd!". Not sure that works too well. If it was in the interests of being PC, surely he would've removed the "pussy full of maggots" line?

Kinda annoyed they lost "A bitch like you." That was the best bit of the song! Still though. Who had "Slash playing Silkworms" on their bingo card?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

This is good news for State of Grace and Perhaps which I think are great fucking songs.

I also think Eye on You has great verse melody even if Axl went a bit far with the daddy mac stuff.

Eye on You is fucking great. It's pretty obvious that the "mack daddy" stuff is meant to be placeholder/background layers with some actual lyrics over the top of it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

This is good news for State of Grace and Perhaps which I think are great fucking songs.

I also think Eye on You has great verse melody even if Axl went a bit far with the daddy mac stuff.

Eye on You is fucking great. It's pretty obvious that the "mack daddy" stuff is meant to be placeholder/background layers with some actual lyrics over the top of it.

Eye on You is a song idea that's like 2/3rds of the way to being fleshed out. It clearly needs like a bridge section or something and needs to stop repeating the same verse over and over. It does have that killer long scream though.

Board footer