You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

jimmythegent wrote:

Definitely a positive sign..... the optimist in me even wonders if a studio version either turns up on streaming platforms or 'leaks' in the next 24 hours?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

https://streamable.com/himy02

they totally butched the song and took out all the good guitars.

Hahahahaha

Funniest thing I’ve read on the internet in years. Thanks for the laughs

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

You people are on crack. No one's more of a CD era purist than me and I'd rather have Zodiac, Soul Monster & Berlin in their original forms than this, but the original Hardschool demo is pure uninspired nonsense. Boring intro, solos that don't fit, ect. Slash gives it a more UYI feel and gives the song a rawer, meaner feel. This is a huge improvement.

Yep, Slash made it sound closer to an actual GN’R song, yet people are saying he butchered it…?

Yeah right, get Axl’s nuts outta your mouth, it’s affecting your hearing! tongue

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

You people are on crack. No one's more of a CD era purist than me and I'd rather have Zodiac, Soul Monster & Berlin in their original forms than this, but the original Hardschool demo is pure uninspired nonsense. Boring intro, solos that don't fit, ect. Slash gives it a more UYI feel and gives the song a rawer, meaner feel. This is a huge improvement.

Yep, Slash made it sound closer to an actual GN’R song, yet people are saying he butchered it…?

Yeah right, get Axl’s nuts outta your mouth, it’s affecting your hearing! tongue

you are the one who needs to get slashs nuts out of your mouth
wipe your chin why you are at it
the song is a husk what it was before
they had to dumb it down for slash and take out all the good guitar parts
but keep sucking dude

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

wow, we've been transported back to HTGTH circa 2004. Where are nesquik (to bring the Fortus love/obsession) and AxlRoseVen?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

wow, we've been transported back to HTGTH circa 2004. Where are nesquik (to bring the Fortus love/obsession) and AxlRoseVen?

Yep, I think I’m having just as much fun too!

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Ok, I apologise for calling anyone a nutswinger, but after listening through to that soundcheck of Hardschool several times now, you can’t honestly say Slash butchered it.

To my ears it sounds fantastic, and like a classic GN’R rocker. I just wish we had Axl’s vocals on it so we could hear it complete.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Disagree. It’s a middling song, just a riff and a drumbeat but the intro and outro are killer. It’s the wind-up and the pitch and a sort of unwinding feeling. Axl’s the weak link after the first couple verses and his lyrics are pretty good. I’ll give you uninspired but Freeses drumming is killer and has some bright moments. No bullshit rock vibe. I like Slash’s sorta groovy bits on this new version but Frank’s playing is flat as a pancake and it reminds me of AC/DC in the worst ways. You can’t say meaner vibe about a song with backing vocals going HARD SKOOOOOOO.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Disagree. It’s a middling song, just a riff and a drumbeat but the intro and outro are killer. It’s the wind-up and the pitch and a sort of unwinding feeling. Axl’s the weak link after the first couple verses and his lyrics are pretty good. I’ll give you uninspired but Freeses drumming is killer and has some bright moments. No bullshit rock vibe. I like Slash’s sorta groovy bits on this new version but Frank’s playing is flat as a pancake and it reminds me of AC/DC in the worst ways. You can’t say meaner vibe about a song with backing vocals going HARD SKOOOOOOO.

Maybe the studio version will sound better. I agree the drumming is terrible with Frank, a bar drummer would be better.
The intro to this song was always meh, sure its a little better and like I said the middle part the bridge I guess is better but all the stripped otu guitar parts make this song sound like a husk now.   Ill take Robin and BHs guitar work on the song over what we hear from Slash in this version.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Listened a few times now and think it has plenty of potential. One of the things that strikes me is it sounds well rehearsed and tight. Like they've played it several times. That is encouraging to me ... it's all on Axl now!

Board footer