You are not logged in. Please register or login.

kemmep
 Rep: 1 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

kemmep wrote:

Missed the "what can i do" line, but we are used to that lyrics since (lol) 2001. And we, the hardcore fans, are just in the minority within the gnr fanbase so the regular fans wouldnt mind. After hearing Absurd 10 times, it's definitily growing, i like it!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If this is what the public first hears from Axl Slash and Duff, it seems doomed.

Scroll around to any story, YouTube vid, forum, etc., and the majority are calling this crap. Can't really blame them. They expect the classic GNR sound.

It's nice to have new music, of course. That's all I've ever wanted. It's certainly not my favorite. Hopefully it gets better from here.

I'm afraid this'll get abused when rock reviewers start filing their stories.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

yeah, i'm a bit worried about that. "oh my god" got panned by critics when it came out, and that shook axl's confidence. he sure as hell seems confident in this one, though. i just can't wrap my head around this. they have the world's attention and they give em this?

hard school with a killer slash solo would be incredibly over with casual fans. hopefully that is coming next!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

If this is what the public first hears from Axl Slash and Duff, it seems doomed.

Scroll around to any story, YouTube vid, forum, etc., and the majority are calling this crap. Can't really blame them. They expect the classic GNR sound.

It's nice to have new music, of course. That's all I've ever wanted. It's certainly not my favorite. Hopefully it gets better from here.

Yea, I'm trying not to shit on everyone's parade but this song doesn't do anything for me other than get my hopes up more, better songs are coming.  Happy they released something, but Silkworms/Absurd isn't a track to build support for a new Guns album on.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, overall I have to agree with Flagg and BigBri. The world expects more from Axl and Slash. The tune is interesting but it certainly isn’t Estranged or Coma.

Axl is a crazy motherfucker. cool

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yea, I'm trying not to shit on everyone's parade but this song doesn't do anything for me other than get my hopes up more, better songs are coming.  Happy they released something, but Silkworms/Absurd isn't a track to build support for a new Guns album on.

It was a message from Axl that he is still GNR and even Slash and Duff can’t polish this turd of a song vocally. Put on 1993 Axl with a better chorus and you may have something.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I didn't want to be the turd in the punchbowl, but I'm not gonna be a nutswinger either. I've been clear over the years that rehashed tours were not what excites me. New music is. So, now that I've got it, I still complain? (Besides the fact this isn't new.) Well, when this is the "new," yeah, I'm a little underwhelmed.

It's not me that matters, though. Take a look at the talk around this. It's not good. We know Axl could definitely be impacted by a tidal wave of bad reviews.

Should have led with Hard School.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I didn't want to be the turd in the punchbowl, but I'm not gonna be a nutswinger either. I've been clear over the years that rehashed tours were not what excites me. New music is. So, now that I've got it, I still complain? (Besides the fact this isn't new.) Well, when this is the "new," yeah, I'm a little underwhelmed.

It's not me that matters, though. Take a look at the talk around this. It's not good. We know Axl could definitely be impacted by a tidal wave of bad reviews.

Yep, but Axl and Axl and he is out to prove some shit. This song blows. What is the purpose of the bridge? It goes nowhere.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

shutout52 wrote:

Lyrics are far too repetitive. I was hoping more would have been added and I just kind of rolled my eyes when the verse came up for a third time.

I did wince when the same verse cropped up for the third time. Given that the chorus is just him shouting "Absurd" you kind of need a bit more variance in the lyrics...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm 100 percent on the should have led with hardschool train.

Board footer