You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

misterID wrote:

At this moment, it was just thrown onto YouTube with the video from the tour. That doesn't strike me as a serious single. When there's an album announced, then we'll see.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

At this moment, it was just thrown onto YouTube. That doesn't strike me as a single. When there's an album announced, then we'll see.

It was on YouTube last night. Did they pull the first link?

Singles go to YouTube all the time.

Also....if it's on the album, it's technically its first single. I just don't think it's meant to launch anything.

It's more like, "Hey we're back. We're really doing something this time."

They better not overthink it or get cold feet after seeing the feedback.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

At this moment, it was just thrown onto YouTube. That doesn't strike me as a single. When there's an album announced, then we'll see.

Also....if it's on the album, it's technically its first single. I just don't think it's meant to launch anything.

the first link was just 30 secs of the song, now the full song is up

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

From what I seen reception is mixed. They had to know that like said before. I think Hardschool will be the one they promote more as it sounds the most like gnr

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's on all platforms for download and streaming. Can even pay for a full Hi Res audio download of it here: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/absud … 3iyanyot7b

It got the full treatment from the band and label. All went live at the same time, all preplanned. Wasn't just thrown on Youtube.

James

James wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

the first link was just 30 secs of the song, now the full song is up

No it wasn't. Last night I was listening to the song on repeat on YouTube.

Sounds like they didn't have all their Peking ducks lined up.

Not surprising...this is the first time that they've done this.

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's on all platforms for download and streaming. Can even pay for a full Hi Res audio download of it here: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/absud … 3iyanyot7b

It got the full treatment from the band and label. All went live at the same time, all preplanned. Wasn't just thrown on Youtube.

Hadn't seen that one yet. This is the one I'll buy.

I know it wasn't just tossed Willy nilly on YouTube. My point was that the full song was on YouTube. I know because that's where I was listening to it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

They went with the "surprise release" angle. Maybe that's good. If they had hyped it, it could have backfired.

That said, they could have prepared a little better. On Spotify, for example, it's not even on any of the new music playlists that every user sees on their homepage.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
bigbri wrote:

They went with the "surprise release" angle. Maybe that's good. If they had hyped it, it could have backfired.

That said, they could have prepared a little better. On Spotify, for example, it's not even on any of the new music playlists that every user sees on their homepage.

It has been added to the start of the "This is Guns N' Roses" playlist and the "Essential" one on Apple Music. First thing any casual on spotify hears if they just press play is Absurd 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It was literally thrown onto YouTube without any promotion, save some fan shot live videos. A new single would get a little hype if it were meant to launch a new album or anything. This is them understanding the digital age and getting something viral going.

Board footer