You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

James wrote:

Remember the skip/glitch on Scraped?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I'm now giving him a pass for this.

He has a bunch of finished songs in his vault. 

Vocal takes in your 30s-40s or vocal takes when you're approaching 60?

The less new work he has to do, the more likely it will get released.

I don't want any more delays....

Yup.  Big picture here:  leads to an album finally being released.  Those things are a minor blip.

I do think it's kinda ironic since they picked Absurd as a single.  Given that everything that has happened with GNR post 95 could be described as Absurd.  It's quite fitting actually.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I’m interested in the direction of the album.

Does Axl’s description of CD 2 as more of the same but a bit meaner still fit?

It would be funny if great songs like Perhaps were left off because they don’t fit his vision or whatever.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

It would be funny if great songs like Perhaps were left off because they don’t fit his vision or whatever.

I think that wouldn't happen because Perhaps is maybe closest to a mainstream hit or at least one of the few songs that might match the desciption.

James

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I’m interested in the direction of the album.

Does Axl’s description of CD 2 as more of the same but a bit meaner still fit?

A woman with a pussy full of maggots?

Yeah... it's a tad meaner.   16

Yeah...we need more info. Silkworms is a game changer. Anything is possible.....

Oh My God and State of Grace could be in play.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I think that wouldn't happen because Perhaps is maybe closest to a mainstream hit or at least one of the few songs that might match the desciption.

I agree. It’s also just totally different to the AFD/CD hybrid. It’s almost… southern rock.

The album will probably just be totally scattershot. Here’s hoping we get some new stuff us downloaders haven’t heard.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I'm now giving him a pass for this.

He has a bunch of finished songs in his vault. 

Vocal takes in your 30s-40s or vocal takes when you're approaching 60?

The less new work he has to do, the more likely it will get released.

I don't want any more delays....

Yup.  Big picture here:  leads to an album finally being released.  Those things are a minor blip.

I do think it's kinda ironic since they picked Absurd as a single.  Given that everything that has happened with GNR post 95 could be described as Absurd.  It's quite fitting actually.

What's also fitting is they mocked Axl back then for wanting to do a grunge or industrial record....

And look what's waiting for them in the vault...

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

What's also fitting is they mocked Axl back then for wanting to do a grunge or industrial record....

And look what's waiting for them in the vault...

That's pretty funny and ironic.

James wrote:

Oh My God and State of Grace could be in play.

I think Oh My God would benefit from Slash and Duff.  I remember liking the lyrics, especially the chorus, but the music just wasn't that interesting.  It was a mess actually.  It was like in 1999 so the few times I heard it was when I went to a Tower Records and they had the End of Days soundtrack on one of those listening stations.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

the few times I heard it was when I went to a Tower Records and they had the End of Days soundtrack on one of those listening stations.

1y1o8f.jpg

James

James wrote:

It really is bizarre when you think about it...

Slash, Duff, and Izzy with the wisecracks about grunge/industrial in the late 90s.

Fast forward 20 years....

Reunion is here and they break the ice about a new record.

They are shown the songs they would've worked on had they never left in the first place.

*Insert Axl shit eating grin here*

Board footer