You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

exoterica wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

The thing I find a wee bit disappointing is that they're basically "locked in" to the setlist because of all the video walls, pyro etc. There's no way for them to jam or whip out an unexpected cover. Like, they couldn't bust out a Rolling Stones jam to mark the passing of Charlie Watts?

They aren't locked into shit. It's a two-day turn around at minimum between shows.

You write a check and viola! New video boards and everything else.

This is even more ABSURD! when you consider some or all of the VFX company is traveling with them.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

If/when an album is announced as on the way then I’m sure interest in more tour threads will pick up.

We’re officially a month after the release of Absurd. If this is operating like any other rollout for an album these days then we should see another single soon.

If we get two weeks from now with nothing I’m just going to assume it’s only Absurd for now and maybe we get more in 2022.

I’ve said it other places but what gives me most worry is they’ve announced nothing so far - normally when an artist starts dropping singles for an album they say a few words about their plans.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Wagszilla wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

The thing I find a wee bit disappointing is that they're basically "locked in" to the setlist because of all the video walls, pyro etc. There's no way for them to jam or whip out an unexpected cover. Like, they couldn't bust out a Rolling Stones jam to mark the passing of Charlie Watts?

They aren't locked into shit. It's a two-day turn around at minimum between shows.

You write a check and viola! New video boards and everything else.

This is even more ABSURD! when you consider some or all of the VFX company is traveling with them.

TBH I don't know why they don't simply have a "generic GN'R" video board that they can run over whatever random jam they want to drop into the set. Same way they have a generic "Duff" video and "Slash" video when they're doing their solo spots. That'd give them the flexibility to throw the odd cover or tribute or whatever into the set.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I agree that’s a lame excuse. I remember ‘nu gnr’ would sometimes do small intimate concerts sometimes after their main show from memory. I always thought that was pretty cool. Even if they were getting paid a million dollars by some Russian oligarch

Sky Dog wrote:

One way or the other, their shows are getting good reviews! The truth is it will never be 1991 again.

And, “Chinese” Gnr did some really cool smaller shows which I am really happy I got a chance to see.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Kind of crazy that Pink did a guest spot with GN'R at BottleRock and there still aren't any videos circulating of it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Kind of crazy that Pink did a guest spot with GN'R at BottleRock and there still aren't any videos circulating of it.

Isn't this the pattern? As a tour goes on, less video circulates. Interest overall declines.

This leg hit its apex early on with Absurd.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Unless they do Hardskool soon or announce generally what their long term plans are then interest will continue to decline.

The lack of communication really hurts the band these days. There is less chatter and rumour about what's going on than back in the CD dark days.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Unless they do Hardskool soon or announce generally what their long term plans are then interest will continue to decline.

The lack of communication really hurts the band these days. There is less chatter and rumour about what's going on than back in the CD dark days.

What makes it even worse is that they're all on social media.

How do they communicate? Have a manager go to a forum containing a few hundred people and blame the lack of physical single on the bottleneck at the vinyl factory.

It's just as amateurish and Scooby Doo mystery as it was 15 years ago.

Over the past five years, these people have confirmed a coming release of some sort...

Fernando
Beta
Duff's wife

That is embarrassing.

Imagine Metallica or Pearl Jam operating like that.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

They wouldn’t, simple as that. And it sucks for us

So dysfunctional it’s unreal. But, while the tour dollars keep rolling in….

Board footer