You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

James wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

They wouldn’t, simple as that. And it sucks for us

So dysfunctional it’s unreal. But, while the tour dollars keep rolling in….

Sometimes it still blows my mind that it turned into this.

The GNR of 87-93...no matter the lineup....operated like it was on the level of U2, Metallica, etc. Why? Because it was.

Less than a decade later it's a mere shell of itself and never recovers even when the inevitable, long overdue reunion happens.

The only pause was when they were forced to hire real management like Azoff because the album had to finally come out. No one else involved in the band 99-07 was capable of getting it out.

He's then tossed overboard and it's back to Scooby Doo mysteries and nostalgia touring.

It was one of the main reasons I knew we were never really getting CD II 2009-14.....

There was no one there capable of doing it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

The GNR of 87-93...no matter the lineup....operated like it was on the level of U2, Metallica, etc. Why? Because it was.

Less than a decade later it's a mere shell of itself and never recovers even when the inevitable, long overdue reunion happens.

It's 2021 and this operation can't bother to hire some social media person to promote their product or put up material on a website. Or just put out basic info that normal bands do.   Total amateur hour and has been for the last 25 years or so.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

It's 2021 and this operation can't bother to hire some social media person to promote their product or put up material on a website. Or just put out basic info that normal bands do.   Total amateur hour and has been for the last 25 years or so.

#AFD30.....

A year later.

They really dropped the ball with Locked and Loaded.

It should've been marketed as a major event...like Pink Floyd does with their Immersion box sets or Metallica does with theirs.

First GNR box set in history....and they kill it dead with the ridiculous price and various trinkets.

Had to eventually drop the price to the point they couldn't even give em away.

The musical content of the box wasn't the problem....it was everything else.

Proper management would've known how to handle its release.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Time went by and it became a joke.

James

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

[/embed]

What the fuck is that picture supposed to represent for Indiana?

I don't get it...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, guess I'll be checking in tonight for something special.

It's he cool if they busted out The General instead of Hardskool. But I'll take whatever they want to play.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

[/embed]

What the fuck is that picture supposed to represent for Indiana?

I don't get it...

It's some local pizza joint.

I mean their artwork has been sketchy for years, even since the reunion, but a pizza ad is a bridge too far for me.

And combine it with their "f'n" addiction.

Embarrassing.

misterID wrote:

Well, guess I'll be checking in tonight for something special.

It's he cool if they busted out The General instead of Hardskool. But I'll take whatever they want to play.

You'll get the same setlist and like it buddy.

James

James wrote:

Do I live in an alternate universe away from everyone else where Indiana isn't known for pizza?!?

I mean....NY... Chicago.... Detroit...hell even California....

But Indiana?!?  18

Wacky.

Make it race themed or basketball themed.

Yeah I'm sick of the fuckin' thing too.

It's juvenile....drop it.

My favorite art is when they used Dirty Harry for the Frisco show in 2016.

If food themed during a Midwest leg of the tour, go with spaghetti red/Cincinnati chili...

220px-4-way_Cincinnati_chili_from_Camp_Washington_Chili_in_Cincinnati_OH_USA.jpg

250px-SpaghettiRed.jpg

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Don't worry James. It's not a thing.

It's 100% pandering to Axl.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

If there's really an album at the stage of pressing - or ready for pressing - it's incomprehensible why they haven't announced it. What kind of "plan" is that? They don't need to have a release date to do so. They could just say it's ready and the date is TBA, and that would be enough to create a buzz. Unless all what Fernando meant by the "vinyls" that are "being in the works" (but delayed) was just a 7'' with studio and live version of Absurd.

Regarding the Locked and Loaded box set, in their defense, I'm not sure it had much to do with the band and management. Someone form UMG said that the band was against the inclusion of all those non musical items, and comments by industry reps at the time suggested that the GN'R reissue was used by UMG as an experiment to test the market for overpriced box sets. Apparently the experiment failed.

Board footer