You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

Blackstar wrote:
James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Time went by and it became a joke.

[/embed]

What the fuck is that picture supposed to represent for Indiana?

I don't get it...

Arni's Pizza. More about Axl and Indiana than Indiana itself. From a 2002 article in the local newspaper of Lafayette:

While Guns N’ Roses hasn’t performed in Indiana since a July 1992 concert in Indianapolis, Rose, 40, has made almost annual sneak visits to Lafayette to visit family and Arni’s on Elmwood Avenue. Arni’s owner Brad Cohen said Rose’s last visit was a little over a year ago to pick up some pizzas to go. Cohen said he more often ships pizzas out to Rose’s home in Malibu, Calif. Sometimes it’s a couple pies while other times Arni’s has catered parties hosted by Axl.

“I tease people that I’m one of the few that has access to Axl’s credit card number,” Cohen said.

Just after Guns N’ Roses performed at the 1992 Indianapolis concert, Rose took a table in the Toys in the Attic Room at Arni’s with an entourage of bodyguards. A crowd of about 30 fans formed as Rose was leaving in a limousine. Rose smiled and waved at the crowd before he departed. The excitement from the strawberry-blond, headband-sporting singer’s sighting did not die down for a while.

“Weeks after his visit, we had cute little college girls come in and want to sit in the actual booth Axl sat in,” Cohen said. “They wanted to be close to his blood and sweat so to speak.”

Cohen, who owns Guns N’ Roses’ first two releases Appetite for Destruction and Lies, added that no one could remember which table he sat in and would point to any open table in the room and tell customers "That’s the one.”

“My dad (the late Arni Cohen) wasn’t a big listener of Guns N’ Roses, but we had fun with the celebrity status Arni’s got by his visits,” Cohen said. “I appreciate the fact that he’s an Arni’s fan. I respect his choice in pizza.”

Encounters with Rose

Amused Clothing manager Jay Buck recalled one memorable night in 1988 when Rose was eating dinner with family at Arni’s. Buck was only 15 working at his first job at Arni’s, but he was picked to serve Rose’s table.

"I wasn’t a big fan of Axl Rose. That’s why they sent me out there,” Buck remembered. “Everyone else would have been ‘Hey, can I have your autograph?'”

The night was even more memorable as Buck tripped over a purse, which belonged to Rose’s mother, that was sitting in the aisle. Buck was carrying a large tray full of sodas that landed all over Rose and his family. Buck said the sticky and drenched rock star wasn’t mad as he saw the guilty purse was in the way, but most of Buck’s co-workers thought he did it on purpose.

And so they thought it would be a good idea to make Axl's favourite pizza a show poster... But then again, it's the same band that in 1993 had pizza served to them on stage in 1993.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Ok I remember now.... flying pizzas to Axl.

I just didn't remember it was from Indiana.

Ok it makes sense now but holy shit....talk about something only a couple hundred hardcores could pick up on.

Edit

Where did the roast duck incident happen?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

If there's really an album at the stage of pressing - or ready for pressing - it's incomprehensible why they haven't announced it. What kind of "plan" is that? They don't need to have a release date to do so. They could just say it's ready and the date is TBA, and that would be enough to create a buzz.

Yep... this is what helped fuel GNR hysteria the summer of 91. Everyone...and I do mean everyone...knew the albums were coming even though no official date had been set.

That UMG info is fucked....

This is not the band or fanbase you try wacky experiments with.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Clearly they are doing a tribute to the band aid that passed away, the one that put on a dominos outfit and played bongos. Or it is Izzy or it is Hard Skool. One of those 3

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

Could be it will be special for the people going to enjoy a rock show.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
axlroselocke1 wrote:

Could be it will be special for the people going to enjoy a rock show.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Probably this.

Off topic, saw a video of Adler and his band today and they sound great.

axlroselocke1

It would be awesome to have Izzy or Adler tonight. Hard skool would be amazing as well. One of these nights. Fingers crossed!!

Haters Gonna Hate

Axl didn't call Absurd new tonight

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

Axl didn't call Absurd new tonight

How many songs in are they??

Haters Gonna Hate