You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

For me on spotify, this is the last song on their New Music Friday playlist which probably isn’t great because there is a decent amount of scrolling to get to it with 30 songs in front of it

On Apple Music it's now the first song on GN'R Essentials. Which is a good thing – they normally stick the most recent single in the top slot, and Absurd is… well, atypical of GN'R's sound, if you're the sort of newbie who's just clicking on it to hear WTTJ and SCOM.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It's on top for GnR on Amazon music as well.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So do we know who is drumming yet ? My guess is Frank but I have heard speculation around it being sampled. To me, it’s unthinkable an officially released GN’R song would feature sampled drums. That said, it’s the weakest part of the arrangement for me.

It feels like Brain's but could be sampled from some of his other sessions and not specifically for this song.
Like they used the Eyes On You parts.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Billboard:

Guns N’ Roses give a schooling on hard rock with their latest single, “Hard Skool.”

Arriving late Thursday just as the GN’R show hit the road, “Hard Skool” is both a return to the school of hard knocks, and old-school Gunners. And just for fun, the intro features the sound of a school bell.

Originally bearing the working title “Jackie Chan,” “Hard Skool” is a studio recording of a previously unreleased effort from the 2008 Chinese Democracy era.

It’s a flat-out, no-mucking-around rock number, peppered with smoking guitar licks. On it, Axl Rose sings: “But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way/Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away/Too hard school and you thought you were here to stay/ If that were true, it wouldn’t matter anyway.”

For a band with a reputation of keeping their fans waiting, GN’R is in a groove. “Hard Skool” is their second release in as many months, following the release of “Absurd,” also a revamp of an unreleased song from the Chinese Democracy era.

On the latest record, Rose is listed as co-producer alongside Chinese Democracy co-producer Caram Costanzo. Seven co-writers worked on the release, just the second since the return of original members Slash and Duff McKagan in 2016 for the group’s long-running Not in This Lifetime trek.

The new track coincides with the start of the band’s North America tour Thursday (Sept. 23) at Schottenstein Center in Columbus, OH

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

It's getting positive feedback. They should have lead with it.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

If this doesn't lead into a ep or album it will fade in a few days and be for nothing. Let's hope my gut feeling is wrong and there's more.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

If this doesn't lead into a ep or album it will fade in a few days and be for nothing. Let's hope my gut feeling is wrong and there's more.

Exactly, positive press, people like the song, #8 on the iTunes chart and climbing I’d have to think. But people’s attention spans are very short. It’ll all be forgotten if they don’t do anything with this momentum. And history tells us, mmm, well.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Exactly, positive press, people like the song, #8 on the iTunes chart and climbing I’d have to think. But people’s attention spans are very short. It’ll all be forgotten if they don’t do anything with this momentum. And history tells us, mmm, well.

It’s now up to #6 on iTunes. Curious to see what happens.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I’ve listened to this at least 30 times over the past 24 hours and enjoy it more each listen. Fantastic song and awesome rocker. Why they went with absurd first is a real head scratcher.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We'll see after the tour where this goes. My guess would be that Atlas is next.

Duff is a highlight on the song, and kudos to Slash for making it his own. His solo on the outro is great.

Board footer