You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

We'll see after the tour where this goes. My guess would be that Atlas is next.

Duff is a highlight on the song, and kudos to Slash for making it his own. His solo on the outro is great.

Yeah it was kind of off putting at first being used to the demo but this is not bad. Decent guitar work on this. Really the first minute of this song is top notch from everybody involved.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Nando killed the EP rumour dead on Reddit. Thank god.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/com … &context=3

Good...it made zero sense.

It should've been shut down immediately before it spread.

Great to see it moving up the charts. Like others have said, they gotta keep the momentum going or it will nosedive into irrelevancy like Absurd.

It's a different world now. Back in the day a single could hang around for weeks or months. Not anymore.

Great article from Billboard.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Getting to blare it on my stereo at home finally...

Man....those drums. 18

While I do really like this, it does have the feel of a demo. Kinda reminds me of KISS Hot in the Shade...where they turned in demos for the album.

I mean...I'll gladly buy the album and play the shit out of it but damn...a new team should've been brought in to assemble these tracks.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

We'll see after the tour where this goes. My guess would be that Atlas is next.

Duff is a highlight on the song, and kudos to Slash for making it his own. His solo on the outro is great.

Yeah it was kind of off putting at first being used to the demo but this is not bad. Decent guitar work on this. Really the first minute of this song is top notch from everybody involved.

That intro is killer. Shades of ISE. The change in style was really jarring at first, because Slash completely changed how it was played. But the more I listen the more it becomes it's own thing, not a cover.

Duff is more talented on bass now than he was back in the day, imo.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

It's a different world now. Back in the day a single could hang around for weeks or months. Not anymore.

Back in the day things like videos on MTV and radio mattering more kept them hanging around for weeks or months. Publicity, touring, actually talking about your stuff also helped keep things around.

They need to actually speak.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Radio play would help give the songs some legs. Especially if there is more to come. Has it been sent to radio? It would be foolish not too.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Nando killed the EP rumour dead on Reddit. Thank god.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/com … &context=3

Good...it made zero sense.

It should've been shut down immediately before it spread.

Great to see it moving up the charts. Like others have said, they gotta keep the momentum going or it will nosedive into irrelevancy like Absurd.

Great article from Billboard.

Absurd tanked super fast because the general audience didn’t like it. Hard Skool has a better chance of getting more traction since it sounds like classic Guns.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That intro goes on repeat in my head. Inspired moment by Slash and Duff.

Haven't actually played this on a decent system yet. Will make a 2 song playlist when I get home and blast it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Radio play would help give the songs some legs. Especially if there is more to come. Has it been sent to radio? It would be foolish not too.

Apparently it has. Still, it would do better if they had something to talk about when they introduced it.

Board footer