You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

bigbri wrote:

The official GNR site doesn't even have it up yet.

https://www.gunsnroses.com/

If I'm a music journalist, that's the first place I'd go. Bad look.

I say this, because of all those articles I posted above, many of them have the same talking points. Almost like they were pulled from a common source. Maybe all those music writers are deeply familiar with the song's history, but that seems unlikely.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Good reviews, positive press. Maybe that’s part of the plan? Let the music do the talking, at least initially. People are talking (positively) about a new single. Maybe next show they play it live and articles will come out about them performing it for the first time? Got to nail it though. No pressure.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I say this, because of all those articles I posted above, many of them have the same talking points. Almost like they were pulled from a common source. Maybe all those music writers are deeply familiar with the song's history, but that seems unlikely.

Yeah, that’s not very good. Still linking to Absurd as the new single. It’s after 8 on the west coast. Get up and moving!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

It's a different world now. Back in the day a single could hang around for weeks or months. Not anymore.

Back in the day things like videos on MTV and radio mattering more kept them hanging around for weeks or months. Publicity, touring, actually talking about your stuff also helped keep things around.

They need to actually speak.

Yeah and the environment back then allowed for second winds to materialize if it didn't blow up the first time.

Radio
MTV

Record store promos

Radio, magazine interviews

Letterman, Tonight Show, Arsenio

Then fly across the pond for Top of the Pips, Jools Holland, The White Room

They need physical product NOW. Not later....NOW.

I know most people stream now.... doesn't matter. You need cds/LPs available to order on the official site, Amazon, etc. Even if it's just a limited release aimed at your hardcore base.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I hadn't even checked the official site.

That's crazy.

Once again... management is to blame. They can go on Reddit to shoot down a troll's insider info but not update the official site?

I know where journalists get their info on GNR. Where they always got it....the forums.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Music writers who cover GNR have probably gotten used to relying on the forums considering there's little official help. I guess that's the case here again.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

When they all post the same thing I'm thinking they are using a script. Regular news media do it all the time as well. Not like this info is staring in your face just because you visit a forum.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Music writers who cover GNR have probably gotten used to relying on the forums considering there's little official help. I guess that's the case here again.

Hell... Classic Rock magazine used to have a relationship with this site in 2007-08.

Wanted to do a history of Chinese Democracy special issue...band is silent...so they use CD Whispers to create it. lol

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Consensus from general audience comments thus far is "much better than Absurd." They definitely set pretty low expectations for the next song by releasing Absurd first.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

When they all post the same thing I'm thinking they are using a script. Regular news media do it all the time as well. Not like this info is staring in your face just because you visit a forum.

Who generates the "script"?

It's usually a press release, some call it a news release, on PR NewsWire, the AP wire or mass emailed to journalists around the country. Clearly, there's nothing official coming from GNR except for social posts.

At any rate, the news is getting out there, and that's good.

And the reception is mostly positive. Good again.

Hopefully they keep the ball rolling.

Board footer