You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

Axl S wrote:

If there was a press release, we would have read the press release. All these articles are regurgitating each other and their original sources are forums.

As James said, they need a physical release or an announcement. It gives something to talk about. It allows DJs on radio to talk about something as they cue up the song. If they do and say nothing this drops off the face of the Earth in two weeks... and it just begs the question of why bother releasing it?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

When they all post the same thing I'm thinking they are using a script. Regular news media do it all the time as well. Not like this info is staring in your face just because you visit a forum.

Who generates the "script"?

It's usually a press release, some call it a news release, on PR NewsWire, the AP wire or mass emailed to journalists around the country. Clearly, there's nothing official coming from GNR except for social posts.

At any rate, the news is getting out there, and that's good.

And the reception is mostly positive. Good again.

Hopefully they keep the ball rolling.

When they try to sell products I suppose somebody in management or a PR bureau. They seem awfully knowledgeable about obscure information for them all to dig around on forums I think. That requires some degree of investigation, which I doubt they have time or money for.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I may listen to this if I can remember to. Say what you will about Eddie, he has a huge audience.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I may listen to this if I can remember to. Say what you will about Eddie, he has a huge audience.

[/embed]

He also genuinely has sources and may know a thing or two. He's been tight with the band's camp at numerous points.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

If there was a press release, we would have read the press release. All these articles are regurgitating each other and their original sources are forums.

As James said, they need a physical release or an announcement. It gives something to talk about. It allows DJs on radio to talk about something as they cue up the song. If they do and say nothing this drops off the face of the Earth in two weeks... and it just begs the question of why bother releasing it?

Two weeks?   If they do nothing, it'll drop out of the news cycle in three days.

Look at Absurd. Majority of its listens/views were in the first 48 hours and it vanished off the streaming charts.

Yeah this song is better of course but I doubt it can go viral with no effort.

As far as the discussion about media and forums,, all they have to do is click on a Hardschool thread and the full story is right there...an old unused CD song featuring Slash and Duff, a 20 year old vocal take, and a bunch of members involved in its creation..

And all this just happens to be mentioned in some of these articles.

GNR isn't going to issue a press release harping on how old this song is. Only forum fans do that.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Duff played it on his radio show with his wife. They said nothing about it apart from that it's out. It was a weird radio edit version that was shorter and had a different sounding mix.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Duff played it on his radio show with his wife. They said nothing about it apart from that it's out. It was a weird radio edit version that was shorter and had a different sounding mix.

WTF is there a radio edit of a 3-and-a-half-minute song. That is like the optimal length of a song. Lemme guess, they edited out part of the spacy-mellow breakdown?

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Wow. They can't even talk when they have a new single out. Unbelievable.

Years ago I said if a reunion happened, Slash and Duff could do the heavy lifting with the promotion while Axl kicks back.

I was wrong. The promo will be the same as the Chinese years.

Oh well...at least they're releasing something.

A radio/single edit?

This goes back to my point about physical product. This radio edit should be a b side on  cd/vinyl.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Axl S wrote:

WTF is there a radio edit of a 3-and-a-half-minute song. That is like the optimal length of a song. Lemme guess, they edited out part of the spacy-mellow breakdown?

Nah, micro chops across the whole song. Intro, verse, after chorus licks, bridge section etc.

James

James wrote:

I know I suggested this for CD but I think it's an even better idea now.

Do an iTunes sessions ep....

Hardschool
Absurd
Jungle
Madagascar

They go into the iTunes studio, crank these songs out live in one take, and release it.

On top of people buying/streaming this, it promotes the actual singles.

Board footer