You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Hard School Physical Release

James wrote:

My god....

The vinyl ships June 24th, 2022

The CD ships Feb 25th 2022

That officially rules out an album until next summer at the earliest.

Fuck.

That's way too long to wait for a single. Jesus.

Oh well...it is what it is.

I'm going to buy the cd and vinyl. I always said if they'll release music, I'll buy.

I was hoping for more on the horizon.

Now it's back to hoping for the UYI box set.

Edit

Props for including B sides. It could have so easily just been Hardschool.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

My god....

The vinyl ships June 24th, 2022

The CD ships Feb 25th 2022

That officially rules out an album until next summer at the earliest.

Not necessarily. Long waits for physical media releases are the norm these days. Digital launch and then physical ships months later.

Could see something in Spring. But with the way things are, who knows.

James

James wrote:

8 month delays?

They're not going to release an album when the first single is six months away from being shipped.

Maybe they'll do a video between now and before the next tour leg starts. It might give it a second wind.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
James wrote:

8 month delays?

They're not going to release an album when the first single is six months away from being shipped.

Maybe they'll do a video between now and before the next tour leg starts. It might give it a second wind.

I think sadly they blew their load with this.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What this 2022 release date tells me is that they are just doing things on the fly. No planning, no preparation, no long game. They decided, hey let's release that single now. Then they decided to offer vinyl, not understanding there's been a delay in pressing vinyl for at least a year. Most bands are planning for it. Not this one.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

bigbri wrote:

What this 2022 release date tells me is that they are just doing things on the fly. No planning, no preparation, no long game. They decided, hey let's release that single now. Then they decided to offer vinyl, not understanding there's been a delay in pressing vinyl for at least a year. Most bands are planning for it. Not this one.

And it's kind of sad.

I mean, they're Guns N' Roses. Almost the entire planet has a t-shirt of them.

The Lebeis maffia are really dangerous people.

And Rose is a victim. Axl Rose is a fuckin' victim.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah I think this is the likely scenario going on. It would help explain the choice of singles, the odd timing of both singles, the different approach to both singles, the fact they completely ignored the Hardschool launch at the concert, and of course...the insane delay between launch and the physical release.

Had this actually been planned properly, we would not have to wait almost nine months for physical copies.

Foo Fighters, Metallica, and Pink Floyd fans don't have to wait nine months for physical copies of their latest release.

Why?

Because those releases were planned out by professional management.

I'm glad they released it. It's a small step forward and hopefully a sign of further plans down the road. I just hope if an actual album is on tap next spring/summer, they're lining up the Peking ducks now and not waiting til the last second.

James

James wrote:
Cerulean wind wrote:
bigbri wrote:

And it's kind of sad.

I mean, they're Guns N' Roses. Almost the entire planet has a t-shirt of them. .

Nothing wrong with this part of your post.

The Lebeis maffia are really dangerous people.

And Rose is a victim. Axl Rose is a fuckin' victim.

1m2p6k.jpg

I realize this isn't the Fernando/TB fan club, but this is way over the top.

I suggest dialing it down several notches.

Stop bumping ancient threads. People rarely do it and when they do, there's usually a better reason than just making some random comment or posting a list.

Nobody here really wants to read what they posted 700 weeks ago.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I can't see how the vinyl production delays are a surprise to them since they did the updated Greatest Hits vinyl release in 2020.

Also it's all available exclusively through their own store. This isn't a mass market release - it's a "take pre-orders from hardcore fans who actually want this for a few weeks/months and then send order to printing and pressing plants" release.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I know I'm probably the only one, but I really hope there's a studio version of Wichita Lineman. That's the best Axl has sounded since 2006. Probably one of the most emotional things he's performed, imo.

Board footer