You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just an update.

i asked if June is still the month, twas said a new song is 'forthcoming', word used, so I presume something is still planned. Slash camp.

I think when the European tour starts, if someone can get hold of the setlist, that'll give a clue, because there's nothing on the internet.

In essence, I haven't found anything useful

Yeah...it can't be easy even for people with a contact here and there to get any concrete info.

Even though it's a major band, everything is done on such a small scale...even their management isn't legit management...it's all "in house".

Look at Absurd/Hardschool as a great example....these were released without notice and months before they even started whipping up the vinyl to ship.

It's the only major act to be run like this.

If we ever get info on a coming album it will break  like it did with CD...

Elmir saw it pop up on a UMG internal memo forecast a couple months before it hit the usual places.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'm getting too old for this mystery crap.  They are no longer the world's biggest band (or even close to it).  It's just music.  I realize that Slash's camp is probably not to be blame for this.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

I bet it's hard for Axl to delete parts of these songs he has worked on for so long and became attached to. Hard to imagine him critiquing what S+D have laid over the top of these tracks and working through it all. Everyone thinks that a new album would be harder but I think if a version of CD2 comes out writing new material would actually be easier for the band, if all parties were interested. I think moving forward Axl would be fine putting out more material now that its not all on his shoulders anymore, he has S+D there to soak up some of the critique. CD2 is something Axl has really labored over and I really believe he wants to put it out. Hopefully soon is the word.

Sky Dog wrote:

No offense, but I am fairly confident that Axl doesn’t mind cutting anybody’s parts!

Sky Dog wrote:

It will be a crime if we don’t have a Chinese box set that includes Brian May and all of Buckethead’s original takes.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

No offense, but I am fairly confident that Axl doesn’t mind cutting anybody’s parts!

You need to turn your karma back on.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

It will be a crime if we don’t have a Chinese box set that includes Brian May and all of Buckethead’s original takes.

Makes too much sense so it won’t happen

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I wonder how the process goes down. Slash & Duff comes in and do their stuff and that's it, or does Axl go over it and tell them you can do this but you can't do that? For them to just apply their parts willy nilly seems unacceptable to the Axl Rose we know.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It seems they go in and re-do the parts, then Axl comes in behind them and starts playing with it. He literally just cut & pasted some vocal parts from one song and put them in the musical breakdown of Hard Skool.

misterID

misterID wrote:

And I wouldn't be surprised from the quality that none of it was done in an actual studio.

Board footer