You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: SOG single coming?

BLS-Pride wrote:

Oh to have hope like some of you. Whatever it is.. probably won't amount to anything unfortunately.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

There is no hope left for current day GnR.

It's just a countdown to whenever Ax's voice is gone completely out.

Sky Dog wrote:

I wish he would save his voice and care more about art than being a cash cow.

It’s his life and not ours. He seems very happy and quite frankly, that is what is most important.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Between here and Mygnr, I've seen people say the clips remind them of: Atlas Shrugged, Oklahoma, The General, Soul Monster, Circus Maximus, & D Tune. I may have missed some. I think we're collectively losing it.

Agreed, I don't really hear any of that. If I was being generous, maybe a heavily reworked section from Circus Maximus but truthfully I don't hear it.

Could be a spontaneous jam, or maybe it's something they're working on. Who knows.

Sky Dog wrote:

axl Vegas has heavy odds on jam…..and a residency next summer!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Between here and Mygnr, I've seen people say the clips remind them of: Atlas Shrugged, Oklahoma, The General, Soul Monster, Circus Maximus, & D Tune. I may have missed some. I think we're collectively losing it.

The vibe of the GNR community is reminding me of 2005 but on a smaller scale...

The fan base is simply starved for anything ....and the hardcores are at the point where concerts or live releases don't cut the mustard.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Frankly, from those two audios we understand little.
However, I would aim for Atlas

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Do we have any proof this originated at a GNR soundcheck?

I want it to be so but at this point “trust but verify” seems like a philosophy worth following!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

The vibe of the GNR community is reminding me of 2005 but on a smaller scale...

The fan base is simply starved for anything ....and the hardcores are at the point where concerts or live releases don't cut the mustard.

Much smaller scale, the anticipation for CD still had some life in it, the current anticipation... so many have lost interest. I got into the band in 04 and on to the forums in mid-late 05. Mood then was gloomy AF. The leaks in early 06 and Axl resurfacing at things like that Korn party really gave the community a boost.

This time, the band is active but the online community is just bored at this stage. Some fans excuse the band and cite artists who also haven't released music in forever and just tour but the difference is those bands haven't dangled the carrot of new music for years. This band began dangling that carrot again right after CD was released via Axl's forum chats. It's now 14 years later.

On the 23rd November 1993 they released TSI and then 15 years later to the exact day, they released CD. In that gap, they also got two singles out in Sympathy for the Devil and Oh my God.

We're now approaching 14 years since CD. In that time they've managed two singles of new material, not counting the singles from the AFD box. And in that 14 years they've been more silent than ever and the leaks of new songs with vocals that quench some of that fan thirst haven't been anywhere near the scale of what happened from 06-08.

No wonder the vibe is how it is.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

I want it to be so but at this point “trust but verify” seems like a philosophy worth following!

5115539.jpg

Some guy recorded the clips outside the stadium.

Board footer