You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Kikkoman80 wrote:

In the SLASH / MYLES project there are no bad songs or bar musicians.
For example, Brent Fitz is better than Frank Ferrer.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

In the SLASH / MYLES project there are no bad songs or bar musicians.
For example, Brent Fitz is better than Frank Ferrer.

Agree. And they put out official live releases and Blu-ray’s etc.  great band and amazing live act.

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

They are a great band.
APOCALIPTYC LOVE and especially WORLD ON FIRE are excellent records.
LIVING THE DREAM less but songs like MY ANTIDOTE, LOST INSIDE THE GIRL, and SERVE YOU RIGHT ... remarkable.
4 is a bit subdued perhaps.
WORLD ON FIRE is GREAT.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

You may not personally like SMKC’s original material, but they’re certainly not a bar band. I’ve never heard any of the fuck ups that happen at GN’R shows, at a SMKC show. They’re a tight as fuck, cohesive and professional rock n roll band.

Last time they toured here in 2019, I heard many people in the crowd saying how great the band was as we were leaving the show. I heard some even say they put on a better show than GN’R

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They are definitely a tight band of professional musicians. It’s really a matter of taste. Outside a band like Rush, or the instrument focused bands of the 80s, there have been few bands I love that don’t get sloppy on stage.

None of Slash’s solo stuff has ever really appealed to me, but that’s just my thing. It’s not a knock on him. Now Slashba on the other hand…

Sky Dog wrote:

I wasn’t knocking Slash…Slash makes them look maybe better than they would be on their own?

Maybe I’m just jealous that you guys dig it and they are fan friendly! My favorite bands are basically WAY out of their prime  or their legendary members died at 27!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I loved snakepit and the  slash solo album and AL and most of WOF.

Wasn't as keen on LTD although it had a couple of ok songs, and 4 just didn't really work for me outside of a single track or so.

I'm not sure if it's a phase i'm going through, or if it's just played out, or if Slash is doing something different on them...but it's def a case of diminishing returns.

That said...when Slash wants to he can bring a house down solo live...dude is one of those one in a generation talented folks.

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I have seen and heard both situations live up close.
I loved Slash and Myles but so did Todd and Brent.
Todd is unleashed.
The Guns obviously super ... but they are still two very different situations. Certainly Axl and Slash together are pure legend.ESTRANGED was a super experience ... then WELCOME .... SHADOW OF YOUR LOVE ... NR .. ..SCOM .... YCBM ... very strong emotions. Anyway Slash and Myles ... STARLIGHT .... WOF ... BENT TO FLY .... THE DISSIDENT ... WICKED STONE fantastic.
Right now I would see one more time Slash and Myles than Guns.

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Since 2020, about, Axl has dropped a lot ...

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

CONSPITATORS do what all bands do ... disco, disco tour ... no frills ... and of course each of their tours is different ... not like somebody  ?

Board footer