You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Kikkoman80 wrote:

DTJ never told me much.
And anyway the previous YCBM is not beautiful ... after Slash's solo, Axl loses the thread.
Focus on new songs ... enough of useless things.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Lol, it’s a little late for that.

According to DJ (I know) Axl had a lot of songs developed on piano, and I think there’s an interview where he talks about how he’s writing songs on his piano now. There *could* be some stuff that’s pretty far along. I don’t think Axl would dump CD II into a string of singles if there wasn’t more on the horizon.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it makes sense in a way.

Like use up the CD2 tracks cos they mean stuff and you don't wanna waste them. But don't make slash and duff dedicate the entire next album to songs that originated away from them. Plus this way we get both which is cool.

I just question the timelines. Not to sure we have time to burn like in the past, or at least I don't think I do!

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Sure ... now they have to hurry.
For Axl ... it's not what it used to be.

Sky Dog wrote:

Regarding new music and Axl’s voice,  keep using old vocals for the Chinese material. The new stuff will be fine if they write stuff to fit his current register. Mid range Axl not Welcome To The Jungle Axl! Make sense?

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

He did well with the song ROCK THE ROCK, right?

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

And anyway I like HARD SKOOL but I consider it a full-fledged CD track. I can't see it as a REUNION track.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Axl sounds great when he’s not going really high. I don’t think the vocals will be an issue

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

He still can sound great but it's pretty limiting creatively for him is what I mean.

Like half what makes the old songs cool is the passion and dynamics, beautiful tone, angry tone, rasp, loud screams, high pitches on the edge of human abity, low pitches that are spooky, midrange sweet sound - there's a whole story going on with his vocals alone usually.

I just think musically if he is locked in a certain range and can't use a few of his trademark sounds that would be a shame,  he's talented enough that we'd still get something good, but there's more limits than there used to be.

Another concern is if he would record things in such a way as to make it easier to peform in the future or not. Like for example, sometimes his voice cracks on screams now - that's no worries in the studio he could just do it a few times until he nails one and then uses that - but in a way would be smarter not to even add a scream at all as that way he wont have to worry about doing it live. I remember that interview where he played back YCBM after recording and said to himself "what have I done to myself?" hahahaha.

Anyways, I know he can sound good in the studio still, but I do think the way his voice has declined between 2016-2022 it would be wise to get recording asap not in late 2026 or something after another 4 years of tour abuse lol.

I'm not trying to shit on him, i'm just saying if you play a boot from 2016 or 2017 and then a 2022 boot you can see the difference and you can also see that he's still trying and busting his ass for us in 2022...so like it's grounds to record before they hit 70 is all smile

misterID

misterID wrote:

Good point, monkey. I wonder if he’ll start utilizing pro tools more to help with those moments

Board footer