You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Guns N’ Roses 2022 Australia & New Zealand Tour

God damn, Axl doing lower register on Nightrain is awesome.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That Nightrain vid isn't bad. His vocals are adequate.

That video on the screen is beyond lame.  If they're not willing to at least do something like have the robot or a skeleton chug a bottle of Nightrain, why even bother?

It's distracting.

Great pics. You guys did get close. What song were they playing when Slash is sitting down?

That set list is exhausting. Holy sheep shit. Kudos for giving the crowd their money's worth but it's really unnecessary IMO.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I think that was Wichita Lineman that he was sitting playing that acoustic guitar for.  Yeah it was a monster set! My legs were fucken sore from standing by the end of it - I'm getting old!!!  I was standing directly behind my son, so he at least had the rail to lean on.  I only had my 48 year old legs for support.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Slash hasn't played a good Nightrain solo since 1993. Is he bored or does he think this is better?

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Totally agree! Apparently it's part of his carefree technique, but since he's returned to guns beyond the act of nostalgia, the solos don't sound very flattering, let's say, and when he plays something Chinese, it's better not to mention it!... but it's slash!

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Maybe this applies.

In the propaganda department in WW2 it was considered very important that the people making the propaganda would not be too intelligent. Because they would get bored and want to change up the approach.

Buckethead never plays the same solo twice for this reason I think. It's boring to him. Probably the same goes for Slash. They want to do something different, and despite being great, that usually turns out worse. You can't "change up" perfection.

AC/DC on the other hand gets the importance of keeping everything the same.

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

or stick to the original score as recorded! It's popular music and people go to shows to enjoy the music as we know it, not the umpteenth improvisation on duty!...slash did it very well...and now no!....and buckethead is from another planet,besides he's better at improvisation,or is it more to my degree!...and there's nowhere to catch the slash solos from the chinese!...but another I guess it's a matter of taste!

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Yes they should. No reason to stray from perfection.

The best solo Buckethead ever did was Madagascar in Rio. The only time he played that solo. I think that is such a waste.

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

Totally agree, we haven't seen much more from Buckethead's time either, would I play something the same or similar? Who knows!... Buckethead in Madagascar river is fire!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Slash hasn't played a good Nightrain solo since 1993. Is he bored or does he think this is better?

I agree with you that it's been bad recently. However I think he did very good versions around 2010 era with myles.

Board footer