You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

Re: Guns N’ Roses 2022 Australia & New Zealand Tour

DtM51 wrote:

[youtube] https://youtu.be/PHxhEifhwuU[/youtube]

I was listening to this awhile ago and at 4:15 for a moment the solo sounded like the Buckethead nightrain solo from 02

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Setlist from Brisbane QLD, 22nd November

01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Slither
Link Wray's Rumble intro
05. Welcome To The Jungle
06. Reckless Life
07. Double Talkin' Jive
08. Live And Let Die
09. Shadow Of Your Love
10. Estranged
11. Rocket Queen
12. You Could Be Mine
13. I Wanna Be Your Dog
14. Absurd
15. Hard Skool
16. Better
17. Civil War (with Machine Gun outro)
18. Sorry
Slash Guitar Solo (Albert King's Born Under A Bad Sign jam)
19. Sweet Child O' Mine
20. November Rain
21. Wichita Lineman
22. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
23. Nightrain
Encore:
24. Coma
The Beatles' Blackbird intro
25. Patience
26. Don't Cry
27. Paradise City

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'm kind of surprised they haven't changed up the setlist a bit to cram in some UYI deep cuts, what with the box set release and all. Swap out Reckless Life for Perfect Crime, or one of the many covers for Breakdown or something.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I'm kind of surprised they haven't changed up the setlist a bit to cram in some UYI deep cuts, what with the box set release and all. Swap out Reckless Life for Perfect Crime, or one of the many covers for Breakdown or something.

You'd also think they would mention the goddamn thing during the show! It should be mentioned every time they perform November Rain during the tour.

I don't think I've ever asked this...

Can Fortus sing?!? If he can....whip out Dust N Bones. Half the crowd think he's Izzy anyways. tongue

elevendayempire

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

You'd also think they would mention the goddamn thing during the show! It should be mentioned every time they perform November Rain during the tour.

I don't think I've ever asked this...

Can Fortus sing?!? If he can....whip out Dust N Bones. Half the crowd think he's Izzy anyways. tongue

They could just get Duff to sing the Izzy songs. He did on his solo tour:

Sky Dog wrote:

Duff can definitely do Izzy!

elevendayempire

It's not as if it would be especially tricky to reconfigure the setlist a bit. Here's a few minor tweaks to the current setlist that would make it more of a UYI showcase:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Slither
Better
Welcome to the Jungle
Perfect Crime – swapped in for Reckless Life
Double Talkin' Jive
Live and Let Die
Estranged
Don't Damn Me – swapped in for Shadow of Your Love
Rocket Queen
Dead Horse – swapped in for Whole Lotta Rosie
You Could Be Mine
Slash Guitar Solo
Sweet Child o' Mine
Yesterdays – swapped in for Wichita Lineman
Dust N' Bones (Duff vocals) – swapped in for I Wanna Be Your Dog
Absurd
Hard Skool
November Rain
Civil War
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore:
Coma
Patience
Don't Cry
Paradise City

Literally all I've done there is replace the "early GN'R tracks" that were used to promote the AFD box set with appropriately "fast/heavy" UYI tracks, subbed out two of the covers, and had Duff sing Dust N' Bones for his solo spot.

All those songs are ones they've either rehearsed or have previously featured in the setlist (or in the case of Dust N' Bones, have performed on solo tours). You even get a "live debut!" song with Don't Damn Me – and before you say, "Axl can't sing that," they've soundchecked it, so he's at least entertained the idea of performing it.

For an extra treat for fans, swap out Don't Cry for the alternate lyrics version.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I would swap Coma for Locomotive. That outro is killer. I thought they did pretty good the last time they played it

elevendayempire

misterID wrote:

I would swap Coma for Locomotive. That outro is killer. I thought they did pretty good the last time they played it

Shit, yeah, I'd forgotten they'd done that live on the NITL tour. But in the interests of keeping Coma (which is a UYI deep cut after all) I'd say just lose Better (and maybe Absurd) and pop Locomotive in somewhere suitable in the middle of the set.

Or just pop it in place of Don't Damn Me, since they haven't actually performed that one live.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wouldn’t mind hearing Bad Obsession again. Especially with Melissa singing background vocals. No high parts either

Board footer