You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

sp1at wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

@sp1at

Any updates buddy?

Hiya,

Songs are coming out soon, summertime. Record label are the goto for this, band members vague on anything

Year off next year, assumed from external parties and plans outside gnr

Glastonbury will have at least one guest possibly, source, the guest. Very guessable lol

Better not be Carrie Underwood! They really could make a splash by having Izzy and Steven imo

It's not Carrie. It's Glasto, so it has to be a surprise. Not wanting to spoil things, if it's true. We did the line up first, I think that's enough lol

There's nothing else, just what I wrote, which is as Slash said anyway. Not sure what the record company are planning. As per the other Slash comments, he says he will, and has, be writing, then collaborating with GNR at a later time. From a secondary, not him.

As for the unreleased CD material, I've asked if it'll get released at a later time, the record company said, not anytime soon

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Seeing Metallica do their promo and the buzz and the multi-year tour must at least light some sort of competitive fire in GnR.

I think the opposite has happened.  GN'R & Metallica have often been compared/connected over the years, whether it was warranted or not.  With GN'R sitting in idle, Metallica put together a (fairly) unique and interesting tour, an aggressive marketing campaign, and released an all new, original album that is actually pretty good- and I don't really like Metallica.  I think GN'R saw all that and decided trying to be "competitive" at this point with Metallica would be too much work.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Hiya,

Songs are coming out soon, summertime. Record label are the goto for this, band members vague on anything

Glastonbury will have at least one guest possibly, source, the guest. Very guessable lol

Better not be Carrie Underwood! They really could make a splash by having Izzy and Steven imo

It's not Carrie. It's Glasto, so it has to be a surprise. Not wanting to spoil things, if it's true. We did the line up first, I think that's enough lol

There's nothing else, just what I wrote, which is as Slash said anyway. Not sure what the record company are planning. As per the other Slash comments, he says he will, and has, be writing, then collaborating with GNR at a later time. From a secondary, not him.

As for the unreleased CD material, I've asked if it'll get released at a later time, the record company said, not anytime soon

So now you're saying that the reheated Chinese leftovers that Slash said were coming off soon are infact not coming out anytime soon?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

So now you're saying that the reheated Chinese leftovers that Slash said were coming off soon are infact not coming out anytime soon?

And so the circus continues. This band is beyond a joke at this point.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

The Hu is at glastonbury!? They are kinda fun

They are a mongolian metal band, maybe they are the guests for GnR lol

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Given GNR laziness, guests will probably already be on the bill and are close to the band somehow.
Elton and Lana come to mind.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

sp1at wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Hiya,

Elton John? He's at Glasto too. Or Lana Del Rey?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I can just see Axl and Lana busting out Perfect Crime! ?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I got told it's with the record company. I emailed the main contact at Universal they said nothing. I googled someone else, and they said summertime. That's all I have.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Can they at least plan something for Record Store Day?

Meanwhile I recently picked up recent box sets for Clapton, Yes, Sabbath, and The Beatles. Listening to the same GNR tunes over and over gets old. I am expanding my horizons. All of these artists, which are historically important and arguably had a bigger impact on the overall history of rock, managed to invest some real effort in preserving and sharing their legacies. I sure wish GNR tried as hard.

Board footer