You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:

This was posted today on Mygnrforum:
Apparently 4tus claimed that d-tune + circus maximus + beltrami mix = 7

"Here's some other news that I found along the way... There apparently was a fan who spoke with 4tus possibly on Twitter I believe, who was also in a chat on one of the *Perhaps* news YT videos... The fan was curious about both *The General* & *Seven* n' instead he asked him about the latter cause he was really curious... Turns out... 4tus said *D Tune* IS in fact *Seven* with parts/sections from *Circus Maximus*... Then the Beltrami mix was added in to it...

After reading that, I decided to listen to both back n' forth... Both Tracks have some melodies that r the same...where they actually fit together...which I believe is the Ending or close to it on D Tune."

Most important question is if it has vocals.

Well I know what my next mashup is going to be.:) Is there a screenshot of this chat with Fortus?

There's nothing but other person claimed that this was commented on Facebook and the person who told was not known for being a troll, so probably It's true but there is no screenshot

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Went back and read Brain’s comments on Seven and he turned it and The General in before their first show. The way he described the demo sounds pretty much like Circus. Just an abstract and crazy piece of music around a drum beat. It would make sense they combined it. They did that with Shacklers and Robin talked about Axl  cannibalizing demos

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I wish they'd do something with Thyme. Though I love it as it is, it'd work really well as part of a film score.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Thyme is a beautiful piece of music. I wonder if Thyme was combined with another song because it’s just orchestral instrumentation in the locker leaks. And if Soul Monster was actually “Me and My Elvis” seeing its working title was Leave Me Alone. MAME doesn’t really sound like Black Sabbath.

Beltrami:

[GNR] was sort of just work for hire. [...] I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. [...] A song called 'Seven,' which is the one [...] I actually wrote a guitar part [on]. There was one called 'Thyme,' one called 'The General,' one called 'Leave Me Alone.'" (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

"Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially "Seven," which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, "Thyme." However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, 06/05)

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

Thyme is a beautiful piece of music. I wonder if Thyme was combined with another song because it’s just orchestral instrumentation in the locker leaks.

Apparently it was combined with “P.R.L.” Track #2 on Rough Mixes 2 says:

"P.R.L." 11/08/00 w/out THYME (no gtrs.) 3:54

misterID

misterID wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

Thyme is a beautiful piece of music. I wonder if Thyme was combined with another song because it’s just orchestral instrumentation in the locker leaks.

Apparently it was combined with “P.R.L.” Track #2 on Rough Mixes 2 says:

"P.R.L." 11/08/00 w/out THYME (no gtrs.) 3:54

Thyme gotta be the weirdest goddamn song ever then

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Went back and read Brain’s comments on Seven and he turned it and The General in before their first show. The way he described the demo sounds pretty much like Circus. Just an abstract and crazy piece of music around a drum beat. It would make sense they combined it. They did that with Shacklers and Robin talked about Axl  cannibalizing demos

I'll go to my grave saying Better was initially two song ideas merged into one.

The problem with Brain statements is he said so much wacky shit back then...a lot of it was probably trolling. Fans used to email him constantly.

Sky Dog wrote:

Brain was talking shit! Brain was a cool motherfucker…

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

The problem with Brain statements is he said so much wacky shit back then...a lot of it was probably trolling. Fans used to email him constantly.

Brain said this on an interview on the AFD podcast a few years back though. I do put his "Seven is an epic ballad" comments in the trolling category.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James wrote:

I think it sounds like that too.

It's kind of a theme on CD I think - a lot of the songs and demos seem to randomly swap genres mid song or incorporate elements you wouldn't expect within the style of song - seems to be something Axl was interested in experimenting with.

I love how the album turned out, but I must say I often find it jarring - when it's done well it works but it can feel bolted on.

Board footer