You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:
James wrote:

I get what you're saying now.

After CD was released and how anticlimactic it was, I swore to myself I would ignore all leaks so I could properly experience a new GNR album....an experience I hadn't had since I was a teenager.

Of course...that was when we were expecting its followup on a normal timetable. I know some other fans felt the same.

It quickly reached the point where I just said fuck it....if it leaks....I listen.

Why wait when two things could happen....

They go years without releasing the leaked material

I drop dead from a heart attack or get run over by a bus

It's a very unusual, strange band to be a fan of. Absolutely nothing substantial is guaranteed to occur....and more than likely won't.

It's why the hardcore base 100% jumped all over that box set like Roseanne Barr on a loose meat sandwich.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY is not disappointing.
BETTER,STREET OF DREAMS,THERE WAS A TIME,SCRAPED,SORRY,THIS I LOVE,I.R.S.,are great songs...SCHACKLER and IF THE WORLD are good...what disappointed you?

We had been listening to most of the songs for a decade at that point...the earlier leaks were superior to the album, and the songs were cut and paste hell.

Chinese Democracy is not a pleasurable listening experience.

No doubt….outside of Bucket’s fantastic work and a few nice licks from Robin, the guitars are pitchy and whiny as hell. Way too many guitar parts that were NEVER needed. It ruins an otherwise interesting album. When I wanna hear some Chi Dem, I only play 4 songs….TWAT, IRS, Madagascar and Prostitute for the outro.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Se7en and Soul Monster are really in circulation right now, let’s talk

Wait...
Speculation or insight?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James wrote:

Waiting out 2024?!? You would give them a 2 year free pass on top of how long you've already waited?

I wouldn't like it.

But I just want to hear these songs properly finished like Absurd/Hardschool were.

I think the leaks we got with vocals had cool melodies and vocals, finished up with Slash an album of them would make a nice ending to the saga creatively.

I think it's interesting too because vocally and creatively they feature a younger Axl who probably had more desire in him to songwrite or at least less vocal damage than these days - so the end product is likely to be pretty solid still.

In an alternative world things would have gone smoother for Axl and he would have released his grand trillogy or whatever, or better yet, they never would have broken up and just released versions of these songs back in 1999 or whenever.

But at this point I would just really like to see it done before something happens to them or us!

But yeah we're getting to the point where if they do that, plus a fairwell cycle, then it needs to start pretty soon, cos you'd think with all their histories of physical abuse of themselves they may not be in global juggernaught shape past about another 10 years.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

Good news if true. Where did you hear this, and are there any details?

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

Kentucky ticket sales are bad. Aside from the blue dots of available seats (practically whole sections) check out the orange dots for unsold “VIP” seats. They are going to need to cut the prices before showtime.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-ros … 50F84573BA

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's interesting how the fan base seems to go through stages of not knowing that the second album has been in circulation since at least 2008.

In an alternate timeline that is a perfect world...it all comes out during the skwerl leak. In another timeline...it probably leaks around 2011-12.

The GNR hoarders circle is similar to the KISS hoarders circle. It's a small group of people and the circle only gets bigger when money changes hands.

Once in a blue moon, the planets align and the fan base is deemed worthy of hearing some songs.

It would take a lightning bolt from beyond for that album to leak.

GNR doesn't help anything by not releasing anything...the songs retain a certain level of value. On the other hand....leaks speed up releases.

A cosmic joke of a Catch 22.

Didn't one of the main hoarders die a couple years ago?

It's kinda funny(and sick) how they are as sick of CD II as hardcore fans are sick of CD. That's how long they've had it....it's just another album in their collection at this point. I bet most hoarders don't even listen to it anymore.

The really old leaks(the stuff you all have) go back to the early 2000s. That really steamed my bean when I first heard that many moons ago. It meant that amazing,  massive community of the mid 2000s on HTGTH and mygnr could have been listening to songs if someone had pulled the trigger.... instead it was all fan fiction and dissecting crappy bootlegs.

The community didn't get anything until one song in 2005(IRS).

Edit

When did this become a GNR forum meme?

Legendoftheredpanda.jpg

Edit 2

I ask because I have forgot a hell of a lot more than I remember from those days. I was balls deep into a massive pill addiction.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just chatter right now. It amazes me the hoarders still have such a hold on those recordings

Sky Dog wrote:

Glad you’re still in the mix! Get us one!!!!

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:

It's interesting how the fan base seems to go through stages of not knowing that the second album has been in circulation since at least 2008.

When did this become a GNR forum meme?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WqzvCXA1VJ4/T … dpanda.jpg

Edit 2

I ask because I have forgot a hell of a lot more than I remember from those days. I was balls deep into a massive pill addiction.

Are there hints that CD2 is “out there” beyond Team Brazil and actually circulating?

I am not sure where The Legend of the Red Panda came from but it seemed to pop up around a Rock In Rio 2000 interview (with Beta, I think) that mentioned “PRL” as the title of a song or possibly album (PRL backwards being LRP [Legend of the Red Panda]).

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just chatter right now. It amazes me the hoarders still have such a hold on those recordings

This is a ray of hope because God knows the band isn’t giving us any.

Are you hearing only about the two songs or hints of more?

Board footer