You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Dani_1455 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I'm really hoping we get The General or Oklahoma or something where we haven't already heard the lyrics in a demo (yes, I know, it's our own fault for listening to the demos...).

I think that we would get for sure The General and Perhaps, and my hopes are for Oklahoma also, I think that's the song that fits perfectly with Slash!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I worry about the General. It’s been built up by the fan base so much over the years it’s never going to live up to it.

Prostitute pre 2008 vibes.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I’m expecting a ballad lol

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I worry about the General. It’s been built up by the fan base so much over the years it’s never going to live up to it.

Were people disappointed  in Prostitute because they thought it wasn't a quality track or because they were expecting a sleazy rocker based off the title? I wasn't in the fandom at the time.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:
James wrote:

Of course I was speculating. You think these people would announce an EP while we're using microscopes on set lists? 16

Kikko....

Yeah I know it's Perhaps. I was talking about the clips from last year.

Ok smile Sorry

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Were people disappointed  in Prostitute because they thought it wasn't a quality track or because they were expecting a sleazy rocker based off the title? I wasn't in the fandom at the time.

There was quite a bit of hype for it. I liked it when it was “song 2” at the time but thought based on the title and hype it would be just a little darker and more akin to TWAT.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Everyone thought Prostitute was going to be the next Jungle. Same with Sorry. It was not, in fact, doom metal 16

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It had been hyped nearly as much as CD itself. A couple of quotes from 00-02 period had it labelled a ‘big gun’ and I think it was likened by one person who heard/worked on it as November Rain meets Nightrain. It was generally assumed to be the best song in the vault. So when it dropped you can imagine tue anti-climax…

misterID

misterID wrote:

The funniest reaction was Dave who refused to believe it was Prostitute

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Perhaps there are radically different versions of the song? Who would ever think about Nightrain when hearing Prostitute?

Board footer