You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Clear wrote:

Incredible, but hard to grasp totally different lyrics and to think that evader got most of them wrong. I'm not a native speaker so I wouldn't have been able to understand any of them, but great job. Bravo

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Whatever that song is...The General... Seven... whatever....it's going to be a monster.

I have a feeling that when we finally hear it, I'm gonna have the same feeling I had when I finally heard Oklahoma....

Why the fuck wasn't this on the album?!?

James

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The PRL/Thyme thing dates back to 2000. At that point, there were two albums for release. Around 2006 there were three albums due for release, despite there being 2 and a half albums worth of material. They were to be released 2 years apart, then there were plans afoot for a reunion, but I'm not sure Axl was ever aware of this, or if it was driven by him. I don't know. It was supposed to happen on the 25th anniversary of afd

Beltrami told someone on my site years ago that Seven was based on the movie of the same name.

The movie thing I did know from somewhere I guess that's why some people call it Se7en. There's a bit of a repeating theme from songs back then about killers CITR,Zodiac,

Did Beltrami tell you anything about any guest appearances on The General from a female singer? There were reports of it in 2003 on a few sites, though seems largely forgotten by the fanbase. Sarah Brightman, Andrew Lloyd Webbers ex wife.

I think the Sarah Brightman thing was fake. I didn't get much from Beltrami. I posted email addresses so others could try. I tried Sebastian Bach too ages ago, but the guy, he's lovely, but he was so vague. He tried describing the song, but I couldn't post what he said because there was nothing of note lol. I tried one of his ladies too, I remained friends with her for a long time, but again, it never offered any info

Zodiac came from a journalist, the one who said it sounded like Teen Spirit/Nirvana

You're mixing Zodiac up with Quick Song as the Nirvana ripoff....I remember your article. I'm pretty sure it's here in CD Whispers somewhere.

Your site got a lot of crap back then from the usual suspects (Madison for starters) but you really did get some juicy info for a starved fan base that wasn't getting any concrete info from anywhere else.

I still laugh at that description of Atlas Shrugged as a glam NR hybrid (or whatever).

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:

Whatever that song is...The General... Seven... whatever....it's going to be a monster.

I have a feeling that when we finally hear it, I'm gonna have the same feeling I had when I finally heard Oklahoma....

And why was scraped there instead? lol

Shacklermyrye

I forgot about Axl's Madison rant lol

James

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
James wrote:

My answer....

Chinese Democracy had been reduced to a leaks album...but they needed a few bonus tracks to fill out the album...so we got Scraped, Sorry, and This I Love.

I'd like to see the tracklist in an alternate timeline....Ron wanted Atlas Shrugged on the album, Finck had to lobby hard for This I Love...so either other songs were in contention or it was going to be a leaks album straight up.

Speaking of alternate track lists....I've always wanted to see the 2002 track list when he said it was all ready to go.

I have a feeling it doesn't match up with what we got.

James

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I forgot about Axl's Madison rant lol

That was both inappropriate and long overdue at the same time....

She should've been cut loose in 2007 when she censored all Buckethead discussion to the point she started banning people who mention him.

She could never properly answer my simple question.....

How can you properly talk about an album if you're not allowed to mention the guitarist on the album?

She let her Finck fandom massively cloud her judgment.

She also censored Splat and that Eat My Silkworms site.

Ridiculous.

I'll admit that Eat My Silkworms site was bordering on trolling but considering the fact they actually met Axl and Pitman...who held up an Eat My Silkworms sign....the site was a relevant topic of discussion.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

IIRC there was some controversy in 2006 where it became public that Axl was spotted in some club, and TB wanted Madison to take the info down but she insisted it stay up because she thought fans had the right to meet Axl. Complete nonsense imo, I believe celebrities have a right to a private life even when they go out in public. Of course you'll always have to deal with the paparazzi and fans will always ask for autographs/pics if they see you but a forum shouldn't be encouraging fans to mob him on a night off.

Shacklermyrye

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
James wrote:

My answer....

Chinese Democracy had been reduced to a leaks album...but they needed a few bonus tracks to fill out the album...so we got Scraped, Sorry, and This I Love.

I'd like to see the tracklist in an alternate timeline....Ron wanted Atlas Shrugged on the album, Finck had to lobby hard for This I Love...so either other songs were in contention or it was going to be a leaks album straight up.

Speaking of alternate track lists....I've always wanted to see the 2002 track list when he said it was all ready to go.

I have a feeling it doesn't match up with what we got.

I love Fink but ill never get him pushing for TIL. It was for sure an album filled with songs that leaked, I gues Skwerl has to take some blame there. I wanted Atlas on too, some people find it boring but I think it's great.

If you want a track list in a different timeline then Zodiac has to come into play. It was explained to me years ago that there is connective tissue between each record (at least in Axl's mind back then) In the AFD liner notes you see the lyrics to YCBM, it connected it to UYI. Then if you look at the album before Chinese you see the Zodiac cypher saying FUCK EM ALL, not surprised he wanted a song on there called Zodiac, there's a book on the subject by Robert Greysmith who he is apparently a fan of.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

The movie thing I did know from somewhere I guess that's why some people call it Se7en. There's a bit of a repeating theme from songs back then about killers CITR,Zodiac,

Did Beltrami tell you anything about any guest appearances on The General from a female singer? There were reports of it in 2003 on a few sites, though seems largely forgotten by the fanbase. Sarah Brightman, Andrew Lloyd Webbers ex wife.

I think the Sarah Brightman thing was fake. I didn't get much from Beltrami. I posted email addresses so others could try. I tried Sebastian Bach too ages ago, but the guy, he's lovely, but he was so vague. He tried describing the song, but I couldn't post what he said because there was nothing of note lol. I tried one of his ladies too, I remained friends with her for a long time, but again, it never offered any info

Zodiac came from a journalist, the one who said it sounded like Teen Spirit/Nirvana

You're mixing Zodiac up with Quick Song as the Nirvana ripoff....I remember your article. I'm pretty sure it's here in CD Whispers somewhere.

Your site got a lot of crap back then from the usual suspects (Madison for starters) but you really did get some juicy info for a starved fan base that wasn't getting any concrete info from anywhere else.

I still laugh at that description of Atlas Shrugged as a glam NR hybrid (or whatever).

Atlas kind of gives me a weird acoustic Janes Addiction vibe, so no doubt people would hate my description

Board footer