You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

@sp1at

Any updates buddy?

Hiya,

Songs are coming out soon, summertime. Record label are the goto for this, band members vague on anything

Year off next year, assumed from external parties and plans outside gnr

Glastonbury will have at least one guest possibly, source, the guest. Very guessable lol

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

@sp1at

Any updates buddy?

Hiya,

Songs are coming out soon, summertime. Record label are the goto for this, band members vague on anything

Glastonbury will have at least one guest possibly, source, the guest. Very guessable lol

What happened with Slash saying last year, that after the US tour finishes this year, they’ll work on a new GN’R album? I guess that means those plans are shelved too?

They’re so full of shit.

Just come out and tell us no new music is coming instead of this forever dangling carrot bullshit.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

@sp1at

Any updates buddy?

Hiya,

Better not be Carrie Underwood! They really could make a splash by having Izzy and Steven imo

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

@sp1at

Any updates buddy?

Hiya,

What happened with Slash saying last year, that after the US tour finishes this year, they’ll work on a new GN’R album? I guess that means those plans are shelved too?

They’re so full of shit.

Just come out and tell us no new music is coming instead of this forever dangling carrot bullshit.

I have enjoyed the buzz Metallica have created around their new album. I actually went to the record store to buy the album yesterday and they were out of copies! GNR are one of the few remaining 'old' bands that could generate a buzz like this, if they put the hard yards in. I disagree they couldn't make money either. I think the reality is though they're creatively spent, too lazy, poorly managed etc

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I will be very shocked if we get new material this year...im just so jaded on this band rn

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I would believe we might get the next 2 songs. Like didn't slash say they did a handful around the time they did Absurd/Hardschool?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea they are always saying stuff tho...like since 2006 and before..im still waiting on the 26 songs lol

At this point I'm like, u got songs ready? ... prove it or shut up

Lol

The other thing...even if they release new shit...can they pull it off live?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Scabbie wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

@sp1at

Any updates buddy?

Hiya,

Better not be Carrie Underwood! They really could make a splash by having Izzy and Steven imo

Yeah I hope it’s not Carrie either. Nothing against her but meh.

Based on who’s around/likely... Lana Del Ray and Axl have some history don’t they? She is on the Glastonbury bill so that’s a possibility but again no thanks. Elton is headlining the next night so that’d be the special guest I’d hope for that seems possible. I can’t see them wasting the full AFD reunion capital on a mostly non GNR crowd even if the exposure would be bigger media-wise.
Dave Grohl maybe? Looks like Foo’s are touring again in the summer so maybe a return from him for the exposure?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I would believe we might get the next 2 songs. Like didn't slash say they did a handful around the time they did Absurd/Hardschool?

Slash has given numerous timelines now for more of the CD leftovers and they've come and gone.

The last update was him saying back in October that the remaining batches (1-2 songs in each batch) would be coming out over the next "few months".

We're half way through April now, it's been a few months. That window has now also passed.

He's been wrong so many times now that we're back to the CD era of members like Tommy saying it's coming and nothing ever happening. These songs frankly may never come out and could have been shelved for all we know.

It's sad. And I'm sorry I don't believe your timeline either sp1at. Not because I think you're lying, but because like Slash I think you're told something and then it just doesn't happen.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I see what you guys mean.

I just mean like a vague comment like a 'maybe after the next tour we'll see about writing a new record' means nothing to me as like 95% chance it doesn't happen in that timeframe...but I feel this stuff is a bit more concrete because they are songs we know already exist.

Like we all got the leaks of State of Grace / Atlas / Perhaps / Absurd and Hardschool with mostly complete vocals. 

Then they remade Absurd and Hardschool - Slash says they did some more at the same time - so it's a better than average chance to me the ones they did with them were those other songs we know to have had lyrics from the same era.

I mean it's GNR, they might sit on them for another 2 decades (they are from 1999 after all lol) but then - given they're all finished up they seem more likely to come out than some sort of hypothetical brand new album project.

As for the special guest. My guess is maybe Angus?

Board footer