You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I think that "leak" was maybe around 2004/05. Very low sound quality, I ripped it off Youtube at 320kbps but as you can see the actual quality is far lower than that
https://i.postimg.cc/XNG8nWcm/Screenshot-4.png

This looks interesting. What is it showing you (I don’t know how to interpret the image) and how did you create it? What program?

Free program called Spek, lets you know the true bit rate. It tells me that that track is under 64kbps which is not great. Say someone sends you a song that they claim is FLAC or 320kbps, it may have just been copied from a lower quality source. If you run it through this you can tell

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The bait and switch continues.....

AFDECOM_940x.png?v=1689871292

GUNS-0187-AFD-Fan-PacksSet-2_940x.png?v=1689873784

AFD LP rerelease with the original album cover. $50 for the LP....$80 for the "fan pack".

I bet this is the "news" we've been expecting this week.

They can fuck off.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

LOL, so an extra $30 for a hat that I could get exponentially cheaper (and better designed) on Ebay or one of the other sites.

I think the Lebesis' becoming managers is one of the truly tragic parts of this saga.  They basically emotionally blackballed him into giving them spots that they have no experience in.  They should just stayed in their roles as his surrogate family.  The manager there's a lot of business/economic stuff to deal with and he more than anyone else could just use an experienced guy who can handle all this stuff painlessly (or dole out the responsbility) instead of making it seem happy amateur hour that it is now.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The problem with a real manager is that he wants to do normal stuff. Moves that make sense. This is where Axl Rose is going to make himself felt.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think a driven manager would have a different relationship with him than an enabling novice, dependent quasi relative who’s invested in keeping things the way they are and afraid to rock the boat.

Shacklermyrye

They will keep re-releasing stuff as long as people buy it. What I dont understand is some of the same people that I already know want this stuff also want new music. Why would they release somthing new when you give them money for somthing you already own?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

We may as well pack our bags and move on once this tour ends if that AFD re-release is all the band has to offer.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I might dig out that Reckless Road book, that was probably one of the best GNR related products from recent years.

Sky Dog wrote:

I really wish they would have used the original cover on the AFD box…I may have bought it. Like Sticky Fingers, an album cover that is completely perfect with the theme and mood of the album

The opposite goes for Chinese….easily the worst album cover in modern rock history….a bike? Really….that alone doomed the album. To know they had some wicked alternative covers and booklets makes it even worse. After 10 years of waiting, they can’t get the art work right? It’s criminal.

Shacklermyrye

Scabbie wrote:

I might dig out that Reckless Road book, that was probably one of the best GNR related products from recent years.

Where is Marc Canter? That guy seems to have vanished

Board footer