You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Pink Floyd feud goes nuclear

James wrote:

They're giving us a preview of the Wet Dream remix....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm going to the Floyd exhibit in Toronto July 21
https://pinkfloydexhibition.com/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I thought we were having to wait a few months for Wright's album remix. That must have been for physical copies...or they upped the release date.

It's out now.

If you like those...the rest is on YouTube and other platforms.

After I've overdosed on Sinead O'Connor...gonna throw this into heavy rotation.

I like how both Wright and Gilmour's debut solo albums are being rereleased. Whether you like the material or not...it shines a spotlight on the issues Waters had with both men at the time.

Both of them brought zero ideas to the table when it was time to record those final Floyd albums....so Waters has to take the steering wheel.

When listening to these albums, you realize why. They were creatively spent after wasting what good ideas they had on this.

No wonder Waters got sick of them.

Wright's grand contribution to Pink Floyd from Animals and The Wall albums is the intro to Sheep. He's not on The Final Cut at all.

Gilmour's grand contribution is Comfortably Numb, some solos, and vocals.

Waters goes too far with claiming both had minimal talent and can't write shit....but you can see where he's coming from.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:

Any Queensryche fans here? Their situation very similar to Floyd....

During the feud....and this was more than likely inspired by the Floyd dynamic....Tate gave up the name as long as he retained rights to use Operation Mindcrime however he wanted to.

We're now in a world where literally nobody cares about Operation Mindcrime... and anyone younger than 40 doesn't even know what it is.  1718

The only album with any real value at this point.... Empire....can't be used by Tate....just like Waters with Dark Side.

I bet both Waters and Tate regret not going solo much earlier....or regret leaving their band in the first place.

Tate did a solo tour playing Rage For Order & Empire in their entirety a couple of years back. So the deal he got must have been better than it first appeared.

Board footer