You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Which song gets released first?!?

misterID wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I’ve always had this sound in my head that the general would have a heel clicking marching noise in the intro.

Also the intro would be heavy.

There were some (presumably fake!) lyrics posted online years ago that suggested exactly that, a one-two-three-four cadence!

The screaming reminds me of State of Grace

Which song gets released first?!?

Perhaps 73%
The General 23%
Atlas Shrugged 0%
Other 5%
Total votes: 22
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Kind of shocked Atlas hasn’t been sound checked. That’s an easy song for Slash to jump on

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Out of the demos we had to me Atlas was the one that needed more work.

It sounded like it could become an estranged or a breakdown with some slash rearrangement.

It was great as it was but sort of felt unfinished more than the others.

I hope the working dynamic allows slash to really re-jig the songs but I suspect its more like they just mute the existing solos and he improvises a solo where there was one.

But yeah i'm also keen as fuck for State of Grace as well. The ending is so epic on the demo.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

I hope the working dynamic allows slash to really re-jig the songs but I suspect its more like they just mute the existing solos and he improvises a solo where there was one.

I dunno, I think they pretty radically altered Hard Skool. All the meandering intro (an Axl signature – see Riad, Chinese Democracy etc) was stripped out. You can just picture Duff going, "lose all that shite, bass riff, couple of drum hits and straight into the song."

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I wouldn't say radically altered. More like cutting away the fat and sticking to the basics.

The quality of the song was radically altered though.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Can anyone here please tell me the LINE UP of SHADOW OF YOUR LOVE, ABSURD, and HARD SKOOL?
Thank you!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

TheSundanceKid wrote:

I’ve always had this sound in my head that the general would have a heel clicking marching noise in the intro.

Also the intro would be heavy.

According to something Brodie said years ago it's a mid tempo song not unlike Sorry, had a quiet then heavy type vibe which would gell with the Sorry comparrison, I think the cell clip sort of supports that too. He described it as having Floyd and Sabbath vibes an I believe it has less layers than a lot of the CD stuff based off the way he described it.

But then Blaster in 2003 also claimed it sounded epic, hopefully one day we will know

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Now that you guys mention it, Atlas does have a mediocre intro. At least it isn't very long.

I really like the song...both versions...but yeah it could be improved.

monkeychow wrote:

Out of the demos we had to me Atlas was the one that needed more work.

It sounded like it could become an estranged or a breakdown with some slash rearrangement.

IMO it might fit into the same category as songs like Yesterdays.

It lacks the epic qualities of songs like Estranged, Breakdown, Locomotive, etc.

Keep it simple....I don't like it when they try to morph good songs into epics.... Chinese Democracy and The Blues good examples.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

If they do release a song, I expect it to be Perhaps.

I would be very happy if they were to release something we've never heard before.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

According to something Brodie said years ago it's a mid tempo song not unlike Sorry, had a quiet then heavy type vibe which would gell with the Sorry comparrison, I think the cell clip sort of supports that too. He described it as having Floyd and Sabbath vibes an I believe it has less layers than a lot of the CD stuff based off the way he described it.

But then Blaster in 2003 also claimed it sounded epic, hopefully one day we will know

Did Brodie and Blaster imply they had the demo, or only that they heard it? Any details you can recall?

Board footer